• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC camping trip Oct 2-4, 2015 Warren Dunes, MI

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just putting a little feeler out here to see if anybody would be interested in doing a late fall camping trip somewhere. Was thinking maybe later september or October. I know we got quite a few people in here that do enjoy to go camping and relax for a weekend. Just let me know everyone's thoughts on this idea.

Last edited:
Re: Feller for MWC camping trip

We always make a trip to Brown County in October. There are a few sections of campground that would work well for a group. We would have to book ASAP for a weekend though, it fills up fast.

Re: Feeler for MWC camping trip

We would love to, but probably not this year as the baby is due in 5 weeks...plus I'm going to have to beg to make a Redbird trip work.

mac 'feller is spelled feeler...I fix' gyvr

Brown county would be nice. Haven't been there since I was young.

Yea new babies are popping up all over the mwc. Suzi has said she still wants to do some camping this year after things calm down after baby arrives.

Kim is due in December, but I doubt she will want to miss the annual BC trip. I'm going to want to get the camper out twice as much when I get mobile again.

Heck we just went camping last weekend and Suzi was less than a month away from her due date. Now that we have the new camper with more room we want to go more.

I'm in for the brown county trip, I can just stay at my house! :)

id like to make it. where ya thinking, Ben?

Jerry and Andy are heading down with a decent size group to Harlan, KY and staying the last week of September into October (26th-4th I think) if thats something anyone would be interested in. I think I'm going to head down but only stay a couple nights. Unless of course you're just talking about camping and not wheeling.. then your options are unlimited.

If anybody has any dates or other places they might want to go for a group camping outing let us know. Just trying to get some ideas out there. I know there are plenty of campgrounds to choose from out there.

I have said it before, we would like to plan a trip to Warren Dunes in Michigan some time in the fall.
We are going to Texas in either September or October though, so we need to iron that out first.

Something that has something fun close by like canoeing or something would be cool. Turkey run?

If it is Turkey run and a paddling trip goes on, I might be up for it (actually off the week of Sept. 21st but have a wedding to go to on the 26th). I need to get out paddling more with my yak.

Well have been looking it over this past weekend a bit and its looking like brown county might be little far of drive for a regular weekend camping trip. Would be almost 4 hour drive for us. I know doing something like this won't benefit everybody and since would have to travel. If it was for a long weekend that would be better.

Would anybody be interested in going up to Warren dunes state park? I know it's in the northern part but just throwing it out there.

We'd be up depending on when.

Us too.
Love Warren Dunes SP, really nice campground too from what I remember. Been too long since we've been there.

September 25 or Oct 2 would probably be best for us. Might combine this with a visit to my folks in NW Wisconsin either before or after.

Back