• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to the southeast

rsprman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of moving to the southeast. What are the inspection requirements for North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia in relation to lifts? Right now, I am running a 6" tomken with 1" shackles in the rear. I want to with ACOS in the front to even it out. I've read the inspection guides for the states, just wanted to get some real world knowledge. And know if I will have to change anything. This is going to be my DD for a while. Just trying to narrow down between the three states.

I just had my truck inspected here in N.Carolina and there is nothing on the "checklist" about lifts.
Another thing you'll like about N.Carolina is that it's about 30% cheaper to live here then the west coast or the Islands.

BTW. Welcome to the board. :wave:

rsprman said:
I'm thinking of moving to the southeast. What are the inspection requirements for North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia in relation to lifts? Right now, I am running a 6" tomken with 1" shackles in the rear. I want to with ACOS in the front to even it out. I've read the inspection guides for the states, just wanted to get some real world knowledge. And know if I will have to change anything. This is going to be my DD for a while. Just trying to narrow down between the three states.

Here is a link to VA lift laws.
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?topic=61578.0

rsprman said:
I'm thinking of moving to the southeast. What are the inspection requirements for North Carolina.

95 below-saftey (no emmisions testing).
95-up-saftey and emmisions.

Nothing on the books about lifts,as far as NC goes.

you'll be hard pressed to find a cop thats gonna write you, just depends on if he's a jerk or not. Legally in GA if you modify the frame more than 2" (even with the use of larger tires and no lift) you technically can be sited, but I was told this by a cop in our shop who drove away in a TJ on 35's

WesternXJ said:
Another thing you'll like about N.Carolina is that it's about 30% cheaper to live here then the west coast or the Islands.

Yeah, I know, and there are seasons. :sunshine:

how much is it gunna cost to ship your jeep?

Nothing, the Navy is going to pay for it. :laugh3:

BTW. Welcome to the board.
and welcome

Thanks, I've been here for awhile, just haven't had much to say. I'm really lookin at moving to the Roanoke area. My family lives between Charlotte and there. I grew up in Winston-Salem. Ready to get back to the south and see some mountains.

Back