• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mounts?

zeeingred

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im putting a 5.7L hemi in my 85 xj i have all the parts and tadbits all except motor mounts do u have any idea or am i just going to have to fab them?

tyler

Fab them yourself...oh yeah by the way this forum sucks if you want to figure shit out like that, go to pirate4x4.com thats where you are going to be able to find hardcore tech, but search really good first or they will rip you apart on that board. later
-cal

calvin andrus said:
Fab them yourself...oh yeah by the way this forum sucks if you want to figure shit out like that, go to pirate4x4.com thats where you are going to be able to find hardcore tech, but search really good first or they will rip you apart on that board. later
-cal

Careful...they'll tear him up for wanting to put a Hemi in a POS. :D

Calvin, who put the bug up your ass??

Yes you will most likely have to fab it yourself. while the "frame" rails are the same between the early 85-86 XJ's and the 87+ units, the front radiator support is moved back several inches in the 85-86 units, as well as being set up for the much smaller radiator. Moving the radiator forward is tough due to the hood latch placement. The later hood can be swapped if the facia sheetmetal can be moved between the 87+ and the earlier units with a bit of sheetmetal work.

If you find info on the early XJ from someone, remember to take into account these facts.

Calvin, who put the bug up your ass??

No seriously I don't have a problem I was just telling it how it is. He's not going to find the info he is looking for in the NW naxja forum, there is a max. of like 3 people viewing that at any one time. Also people don't post up much tech in this forum, most are retarded questions like "Are my new 31's going to clear with the 3inch lift I found at Wal-Mart??" that people put into the tech forum and the post sit there with no reply for 3 days....Now, having said that I'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened to a post like his where he plans on putting a hemi into his exoed, stock axled xj. So why not let him search where he might find some info on hemi swaps into other rigs/buggies and pull ideas from that. Honestly I think its a stupid question to ask to a bunch of cherokee guys where probably less than a 1/4 of them even have capable rigs. Anyways I'm done ranting. take it or leave it.

calvin andrus said:
Honestly I think its a stupid question to ask to a bunch of cherokee guys where probably less than a 1/4 of them even have capable rigs.

You obviously havent seen very many NWC rigs. And if we are all so stupidly incapable, why are you here?

bullrack33 said:
You obviously havent seen very many NWC rigs. And if we are all so stupidly incapable, why are you here?

When Phil becomes President...he needs to fix the hinges on our chapter door.

And put on a better lock...:D

Hey Guys! I need help! My incapable XJ is stuck in a gravel parking lot. Again. My 3" Walmart lift has let me down once more!

-----Pat McCrotch-----

P.S. While I understand the point that was trying to be made (and somewhat agree), a more tactful way of stating an ill-informed opinion might have been possible.

P.P.S. Are YOU in the coveted 25% of capableness?

lockedstock94 said:
Hey Guys! I need help! My incapable XJ is stuck in a gravel parking lot. Again. My 3" Walmart lift has let me down once more!

-----Pat McCrotch-----

Mom took my keys and wants me to clean the potties in the house first...but I'll be there. Hopefully before curfew.

lets see your sick NW xj's. Specs and pics of your rigs and where you wheel.....then I'm re-evaluate my opinion. I'm just going off what I see on this board, I don't wheel with other xj and from what I've seen you guys post up, most of the people on this board seem "less hardcore" than alot of the guys posting tech on pirate. bring it.

calvin andrus said:
lets see your sick NW xj's. Specs and pics of your rigs and where you wheel.....then I'm re-evaluate my opinion. I'm just going off what I see on this board, I don't wheel with other xj and from what I've seen you guys post up, most of the people on this board seem "less hardcore" than alot of the guys posting tech on pirate. bring it.

Why don't you pony up some cash and join...thereby raising our 'hardcore' status? I'm sorry that you're only interested in evaluating our Chapter by our wheeling status. The mission of NAXJA isn't about wheeling, it's about Jeep Cherokee 'XJ' body styles.

Either that or you could always stick your nose higher in the air and leave the NW forum alone. Go troll in tech.

It's awfully easy either way. :)

Back