• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion to recall Chapter pres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave it one last try. seemed to work, probaby after he slept on it and reality soaked in. he's working and cant get to a computer till tonight, so at least give him till tomorrow morning before the witch hunt continues.

Vanimal, this really isn't about a witch hunt... it's about priorities. I gathered from his past statements and his actions that his priorities lay elsewhere. Fine, nothing wrong with that.... but he owes the chapter the courtesy of stepping down if his priorities do not involve the chapter....

SoCal is one of the more sizeable chapters in NAXJA and it deserves BOD that gives the chapter the appropriate attention.....

SoCal is one of the more sizeable chapters in NAXJA and it deserves BOD that gives the chapter the appropriate attention.....

and that is the issue here. it seems people are trying to make this sound like a personal issue about John, it is not in anyway. its about the job not getting done. it has nothing to do with john as a person.

Vanimal, this really isn't about a witch hunt... it's about priorities. I gathered from his past statements and his actions that his priorities lay elsewhere. Fine, nothing wrong with that.... but he owes the chapter the courtesy of stepping down if his priorities do not involve the chapter....

I agree that he should step down. I'd just rather see his removal done with the least amount of collateral damage. That's all i was trying to accomplish. If he doesnt step down, then i have nothing else to say, other than i tried.

and that is the issue here. it seems people are trying to make this sound like a personal issue about John, it is not in anyway. its about the job not getting done. it has nothing to do with john as a person.

I want to believe this, I really do.

I agree that he should step down. I'd just rather see his removal done with the least amount of collateral damage. That's all i was trying to accomplish. If he doesnt step down, then i have nothing else to say, other than i tried.

I'm pretty sure you tired to do your best Dan. I think at this point it's out of most of our hands.

OK folks, it's official. I've been texting JeeperJohn, and he has agreed to officially resign, effective today. He has no computer access, and asked that I post up on his behalf.

Thank you John, and I truly hope things improve for you really soon!

A thread will be posted up shortly, with a link here, for nominations for an Interim VP, as Karstic/Stephan Regenfuss will step up to the President position being vacated by JeeperJohn/John Thomas.

Right.

Thanks for making the hard phone call Carol. (or text, whatever)

It wasn't done lightly by any of us.

We'll need to post a notice of special election, then a nomination thread, and then open it up for a vote.

I personally agree that Geoff being elected Chapter VP would cause the least (no?) change, but we need to give others the chance to volunteer to serve, or to vote for someone different.

I will post the notice of Special Election here (or a link to the notice), and then we have to wait a week to post the Nomination Thread (per the Bylaws). Then that stays open for two weeks, and then there's a week of voting.

is there going to be an actual official resignation thread from John or at the very least can someone do that for him too? I don't want him to crawl off like a beaten dog he's still got friends here. he should be allowed to take the respect he's got left and step down the right way.

John would have to initiate that, and he said he's not able to get to a computer today. That's why he had me post his resignation rather than letting it linger any longer.

I don't know what his online availablility will be for the rest of the week. And I certainly hope he realizes that he still has friends here--I'm one of them!

I don't know that we need to start yet another thread stating his resignation, as it's been done in this thread. But I'll text him, and the other local BOD & see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back