• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion to recall Chapter pres

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as i hate to say it, I second this motion.

he's been contacted repeatedly about renewing and his response is he doesn't have time to do it.

I don't understand that response, it seems like he's given up. :dunno:

Can I add to this motion that rather than add to the drama with a special election can we ask the VP to fill in the remainder of the term as acting pres? not sure what the ruling is there but it makes more sense to me than having someone new put their clean shoes in this dog pile.

Procedure is the acting Veep (Karstic) will become president if the vote clears. Then there would be a special election for a new Vice President to complete the term (from the date of election through 12/31/2013).

That said this is an impossible situation. We need a 2/3 quorum of all SoCal members in order to recall a BOD official. Back when the club was smaller and most members active it made sense, today we're lucky to get 1/3 to watch the forum, let alone vote on an issue.

In my mind, this isn’t even a vote situation. As a black letter, he cannot be president. This is a simple case of impossibility, not opinion. We can’t have a president who can’t even access the BOD forums.

So BOD doesn't have to use the SAME RULES.I want to run for office now.I like that i can do what i want and not get called on it.Rules, i don't need no stinking rules.

This is pathetic. He if he were to renew and finish out his term, he's completely undermined any remaining credibility he may have had.

Since Geoff and Stephan are holding the reins for our chapter already, it should be quite easy to get us to the next scheduled elections. If this is at all possible regarding to the rules.

Procedure is the acting Veep (Karstic) will become president if the vote clears. Then there would be a special election for a new Vice President to complete the term (from the date of election through 12/31/2013).

That said this is an impossible situation. We need a 2/3 quorum of all SoCal members in order to recall a BOD official. Back when the club was smaller and most members active it made sense, today we're lucky to get 1/3 to watch the forum, let alone vote on an issue.

While your bylaws do say you need 100% for a recall quorum, you also have the option of a unanimous BOD vote with the recalled BOD member abstaining.

Even if you can't vote on this motion brought by a member, your chapter BOD has the option of voting internally to recall a BOD member.

John "lost" his membership (along with a few others in the chapter) when the Forum Member list was reconciled against the actual member roster. He has been contacted by the remaining Chapter Directors and by members of the National BOD. To my knowledge we all have received a similar response as to why he has not renewed.

My opinion, and it is just that, an opinion, that since John has not kept his NAXJA membership current, he effectively has decided to step down as SoCal Chapter president.

The question is, where do we go from here?

There are less than six months until chapter elections are held in November.

Do we leave the President position vacant or as the Chapter bylaws state hold an election to fill the open position?

I am willing to assume the responsibility of the position until the end of the year, if that will satisfy the members of the chapter.

I am willing to assume the responsibility of the position until the end of the year, if that will satisfy the members of the chapter.

I am OK with this, whether it requires a vote or not is up to those whose job it is to interpret the bylaws.

let's put this behind us and move forward.

John "lost" his membership (along with a few others in the chapter) when the Forum Member list was reconciled against the actual member roster. He has been contacted by the remaining Chapter Directors and by members of the National BOD. To my knowledge we all have received a similar response as to why he has not renewed.

My opinion, and it is just that, an opinion, that since John has not kept his NAXJA membership current, he effectively has decided to step down as SoCal Chapter president.

The question is, where do we go from here?

There are less than six months until chapter elections are held in November.

Do we leave the President position vacant or as the Chapter bylaws state hold an election to fill the open position?

Absolutely. It will ease the way towards new elections without any added drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back