• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motino Wash anyone? Sat September 16

I might be able to make it for one or two trails with you guys. I have some obligations Sunday late afternoon so let me know the meet up spot. Id be coming from Murrieta

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Take Rattlesnake Canyon roughly 8 miles south from Old Women Springs Road in Johnson Valley. Motino wash will be on the left side of one of the bends in the wash.

or

From 2N02, take Viscera Road North (AKA Rattlesnake Canyon). Follow Rattlesnake Canyon north for roughly 3.6 miles and the trial will be on the right."

GPS:. 34° 16' 31.19"N
116° 39' 46.23"W.

These are the directions to the north entrance of Mottino Wash. I've never even been to JV so I don't really know a good place to meet so I figured we would just meet at the trail head. JohnX if you know of a better place please chime in. I hope to meet at 8 and be aired down and on the trail at 830, 9 latest. Gonna be a full day. Mottino should take about an hour and a half +- depending on # of people and ease of passage. Than it will be about an hour of forest road to Big Bear. After that it's pretty much none stop JB 1-2 hours, 20 minutes or so connector to Holcomb Creek 1 hour, than 15-20 minute drive to Dishpan 45 minutes. I hope to be airing up in Cedar Glen between 4 and 5. If we get delayed we can cut out Dishpan and just air up in Green Valley Lake after Holcomb.

For those of you who were "maybe" for this trip it would be great if you could have a final answer by Saturday. If nobody commits by Saturday. I will change course and just plan to start in Cedar Glen and run Dishpan to Holcomb to JB because I would be a fool to do Mottino Solo. Thanks for your interests

I have one confirmed from my friends at myjeeprocks. We will be meeting at the intersection of Rattlesnake Canyon Rd and the 247 at 8 AM. Have a full gas tank, food, and water for the day. Really shouldn't be hot. We will be in Big Bear between 11 and Noon where the high for the day will be 66 degrees! Who else is in?

I have one confirmed from my friends at myjeeprocks. We will be meeting at the intersection of Rattlesnake Canyon Rd and the 247 at 8 AM. Have a full gas tank, food, and water for the day. Really shouldn't be hot. We will be in Big Bear between 11 and Noon where the high for the day will be 66 degrees! Who else is in?

I'm in -- I'll meet you at Rattlesnake/247 at 8am. Also can you PM me your cell and I'll call you if I am running late (I'm 2 hours away). Havent done Mottino or John Bull so I'll join you for both and if time permits, Holcomb, etc.

Thanks to Stew and Jason from NAXJA and Jonah from MJR with his LS 54 CJ for a great day of Jeeping! For those who couldn't make it I'll catch ya next time. We met at the intersection of 247 and rattlesnake canyon at 0800 to air down and have an informal driver's meeting. We headed off for Mottino at about 830. We arrived at about 915 am and got to it. Mottino sent everyone home with with souvenirs of rock slider and skid dents. Jason took a big rock to his rear driver door and Stew and I both broke our pretty rear driver fender flares. Do to a bad line I had to get a nudge from Jonah as I was diffed so bad I risked losing a driveshaft or snagging my TC. All in all everyone made it through mechanically unscaved. We found our way to 2n02 and headed off to big bear and took a brief detour down 2n0Y (a little off shoot 1.5 mile black diamond trail) and ate lunch in a dry shady creek bed. We continued on and got to Baldwin lake about 145 where Stew pealed off. He was beat from the day and headed down 18 (not bad for a guy with a paralyzed leg). Jason, Jonah, and I headed off to do little John Bull and John bull. Jason showed us what a turtle looks like but before long we were through the gate keeper and on our way. Time constraints ended the day after John Bull and we went our separate ways at 4pm. Jonah went on to do Holcomb on his way home and must have set a record at 30 minutes for the entire trail. Thank you to those who joined, I had a blast. Count me in for the next one!

Sounds like a great time. Looking forward to being able to make it the next time out.

Thanks for putting this together Aaron! I had a blast! I added more character to my rear passenger door for sure :) Thanks for the help with the rock placement on Jon Bull after I turtled the Jeep. Mottino was more fun that John Bull, in spite of the long journey to get there. I attempted a waterfall climb, but unfortunately I just couldnt make it. I'll put together a video this week and upload it.

Great group of guys to wheel with, so glad I made it out there. I'm looking forward to the next run, hopefully a trip to Calico since I havent done any of those trails yet :)

He just said the video is coming lol. I'm technologically impaired so since Photobucket went down the tubes I don't know how to post pics. If you'd have come you wouldn't need a video! Kidding, I know everyone's busy.

tF2WGSUw9sLfJb4O2bcBD1tgjPcyo3cNPFRMpT5jYFg

Back