• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motino Wash anyone? Sat September 16

Thank you vanimal for the first hand account of Mottino wash. I'd still like to go with plan A and do Mottino as I think it will be a bit cooler than JVand I haven't done that trail before. Plan B is my second preference as it is guaranteed to be cooler in the mountains. In the end I will go where the majority wants to go. From this point on people please only respond if you are a yes. Respond with: I'm in; Plan A(Mottino than big bear), B(Dishpan, Holcomb, and JB) or C( JV); and which day works for you Saturday, Sunday, or either. We will go with the majority vote and if you chose otherwise you can decide if you still want to join us. Remember this is for Sept 16th or 17th. I'd like to have at least two Jeep's commit but the more the merrier. I'd also like to have the concrete plan laid out by Wednesday of next week so please post if you can make it.

BTW, it's a fairly short trail, you may want a second trail to run if all things go well.

In another post it was mentioned that we would head to big bear after Mottino, possibly grab lunch, than go do JB, Holcomb Creek, or both

That is over an hour away from there....not exactly near big bear.

We made that mistake once.........

I know but once you are at the top of Mottino you pretty much have to turn around and go back to JV, not a terrible idea, or go to Big Bear. I just figured there had to be a few jeepers who live within an hour that would want to get their rigs out there. Honestly getting people to go is like pulling teeth. I know everyone's got lives but but NXJA has thousands of members and I figured I should be able to get 2 or 3 to come out and do a new trail. At this point since not a single person has committed. If nobody signs on by Wednesday I'm just gonna run plan B with my wife and my Dog because I know I can get through those solo.

I know but once you are at the top of Mottino you pretty much have to turn around and go back to JV, not a terrible idea, or go to Big Bear. I just figured there had to be a few jeepers who live within an hour that would want to get their rigs out there. Honestly getting people to go is like pulling teeth. I know everyone's got lives but but NXJA has thousands of members and I figured I should be able to get 2 or 3 to come out and do a new trail. At this point since not a single person has committed. If nobody signs on by Wednesday I'm just gonna run plan B with my wife and my Dog because I know I can get through those solo.

Its mostly the time of year.

Its mostly the time of year.

And luck of the draw.

It helps (to varying degrees) when you've been around a while and can plan getting together for a run with one other individual. Then you can post the open invite for others to join the group. Sometimes it takes, sometimes it'll be just the two of you.

The other, though not generally recommended method is to do the same as above without having the second rig lined up and going it alone. I'm not personally opposed to this method either but I'm trying to cut down.

lol

don't give up.

Not everyone has a street able rig ;)

It helps (to varying degrees) when you've been around a while and can plan getting together for a run with one other individual. Then you can post the open invite for others to join the group.

:wave:

Inprogress,

I'm still dependent on my plans for Saturday. If it does end up for Sunday, I'm probably a 50/50 chance

If you think it is hard to get people to sign up to go on a run then you should try getting people to sign up to help lead the club.

;)

Lol I feel your pain. I never really wanted to be in a club per say. I'm not anti-social or anything but I don't have any social media accounts or anything like that because I like to live in a smaller bubble than most. I built my jeep because I like driving them, I like the outdoors, and I like working on cars. Those are just some of my hobbies. I just understand that going out rock crawling is best done with back up but quickly realized that finding people with the same jeep addiction is a bit difficult locally. My speculation of jeep clubs was that they go out on mini (1-6) jeep runs all the time and did a big event or two each year. After investing in 3 different clubs I realize that's not the case. Anyways enough whining from me if there is anything I can do for NAXJA just let me know as I would like to see my speculation become a reality.

I live in Crestline so the 215 is my friend. I would say the 605 is the edge of the world for me. It takes some convincing to get me to venture out to Pasadena and LA. When you do get the Jeep out of the shop post up for a test run, as you can see I itch to get out on the trails.

John X if Sunday ends up being good for you I'd be glad to have you along. I just got the winch hooked up so worst case scenario I think we could tackle Mottino just the two of us. Dishpan, Holcomb, and JB might be a fuller all around nicer day though.

I live in Crestline so the 215 is my friend. I would say the 605 is the edge of the world for me. It takes some convincing to get me to venture out to Pasadena and LA. When you do get the Jeep out of the shop post up for a test run, as you can see I itch to get out on the trails.

John X if Sunday ends up being good for you I'd be glad to have you along. I just got the winch hooked up so worst case scenario I think we could tackle Mottino just the two of us. Dishpan, Holcomb, and JB might be a fuller all around nicer day though.
If it's just the 2 of us, we should have no problem running motino, jb, Holcomb, and dishpan all in a day.

Unfortunately I cannot go either day. I still need to get my Jeep back from getting the cage installed and I also have some family commitments.

John, if you want me to try to get the overhead console to you soon, we might be able to railroad it from the OC meet & greet tomorrow night. If not, I might be able to take a quick trip on the 24th, but it would have to be a half-day, leave after lunch deal.

Unfortunately I cannot go either day. I still need to get my Jeep back from getting the cage installed and I also have some family commitments.

John, if you want me to try to get the overhead console to you soon, we might be able to railroad it from the OC meet & greet tomorrow night. If not, I might be able to take a quick trip on the 24th, but it would have to be a half-day, leave after lunch deal.
No rush, we'll figure it out.

I might be able to make it on Sunday, but won't know until Friday. I have a built jeep that hates to sit in the garage, loves to mall crawl, and prefers to be in front of trailers than on one. I was up in Big Bear this past weekend running Gold Mountain, little Jon Bull and the Squeeze with a friend and I could use some more fresh air.

Back