• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more chinamans pictures

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.....I just wanted to apologize for running off ahead of the group. We had 2 people that needed to be back in Denver pretty early.....and we figured that adding another 5 rigs to the already large 15 rig crew might be a little overwhelming.

It was good talking to the people I talked to.....it's pretty cool to see how much some of the rigs are growing.

Anyway, here are some of our photos from the two days:

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

DSC03478.jpg

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03502.jpg

DSC03508.jpg

Lookin' good... Deffinitly wish I coulda joined in... the lift will be on the first week in May, can't wait!!!

Will.

hightimes2 said:
cool pics maybe next time my junk will make it up there :repair:

Man, we felt pretty bad that you couldn't make it. :(

Did you end up getting a new radiator....or are you holding off on that for a little while?

How hard do you guys think Chinamans would be with a XJ at 3" of lift 31" MTs and open diffs?

everyone will tell you, pretty much anyting can make it through as there are go arounds at every big obstacle. There's a bunch of us (including me) going down there this saturday.

Regen said:
How hard do you guys think Chinamans would be with a XJ at 3" of lift 31" MTs and open diffs?

as hard as you want it to be...
;)

Doable, but how much damage do you find acceptable? How much experience do you have? Can you pick a line? Do you have a winch? Do you have spare axle shafts? Can you change one on the trail easily?

I thought the final climb out was pretty tough for open diff's. It took a winch for an MJ on 31's and a TJ that were open. I think a rear locker makes the trail a lot more fun.

My .02.

Fred

that final climb obstacle doesn't have a go around, but I got through pretty easy on 30's with a good spotter. A stock vehical can get through chinaman's, you'll just get alittle rocker damage.

Back