• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ SOA - about how much lift?

Jeremy

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry for my newbieness, but this is my first LWB jeep, so I'm not up on all of the tech stuff for these creatues. So anyway, I'm getting a set of used 4" coils, and was planning on going SOA in the rear for my MJ.

So, about how much lift will that give me in the rear? I guess the height of the axle tube, a little bit for the bracket... so what, 4 or 5 inches? I've heard some people say 6 or 6.5, so I don't really know.

Just wondering if I'll need a 1 or 2" coil spacer up front, if any at all.

Depends on the condition of the stock leafpack, if you retain all the leaves, and how tight the SOA springpads fit to the axle.

Using MJ Metric Ton leafpacks minus the short 0.625" thick overload leafs, and RE (#1920 2.5"x2.5" IIRC) Springpads welded to a 44, I got approx 6"

I had new Rusty's 3" coils and added 1.75" spacers, but it was still noticibly high in the rear.

I'd advise to do your SOA first, and plan on maybe Off Road General Store ACOS or stacking poly spacers to level up the front (if you are set on using those 4" coils)

OEM XJ shackles can be used to lower the back a bit too. Many folks around here has an old set laying around.

Well, the original leaf pack is in excellent condition, the truck has fairly low miles, never been off road, and the rear sits up quite well. But that gives me a bit of an idea then. Thanks.

Back