• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ gas tank gauge doesn't work

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
I relocated the gas tank on my mj, and now the gas gauge doesn't work. Any ideas on what I can do to make it work again? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

davidt said:
I relocated the gas tank on my mj, and now the gas gauge doesn't work. Any ideas on what I can do to make it work again? Any ideas greatly appreciated.
How did you relocated it? where did you relocate it to? you might want to pop open the fuel pump and look at the floater as it might have gotten stuck when you were moving things around.

good idear, basically I took it from the stock location and turned it sideways and put it in between the frame rails...

davidt said:
good idear, basically I took it from the stock location and turned it sideways and put it in between the frame rails...
if by sideways you mean that you rotated it in the same plane then you should be fine and the floater might have just gotten tangled up.

<edit> also check the wires and make sure that they didn't get torn (I've seen a set of flotaer wires that were shorting out against each other) or ripped or something.

Kejtar said:
if by sideways you mean that you rotated it in the same plane then you should be fine and the floater might have just gotten tangled up.

<edit> also check the wires and make sure that they didn't get torn (I've seen a set of flotaer wires that were shorting out against each other) or ripped or something.
yup, that is what I mean, any tips on getting the fuel pump out?

davidt said:
yup, that is what I mean, any tips on getting the fuel pump out?
if it's anything like the older XJ then there is a locking ring which you turn and then you fish the whole mechanism out. Btw... I recommend less then half a tank :D

Back