• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mixed drinks?

I'm afraid I'm a philistine. I like to mix Jack with a couple cubes of ice.
Agreed. Whiskey goes well with whiskey, or ice, or more ice and whiskey.

Applejack is a good one:
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 fifth Jack Daniels
- Handful of Cinnamon Imperials (the small ones.)

Gently heat the cider, stir in the Jack Daniels. Add the Imperials to taste, heating and stirring until they dissolve. Keep on very low flame (just enough to keep it warm) and let people serve themselves.

Five Alarms are also fun:
Put five drops of your favourite hot sauce in the bottom of a shotglass. Pour in one shot of Hot Damn! or Hot Damn! 100 hot cinnamon schnapps. Shoot.

Kamikazes are good, kamidoris are better. (Vodka neat is best drunk taken right out of the freezer.)

Trivia: If vodka and tomato juice make a Bloody Mary, what does vodka mixed with catsup make?

So I take it you have a huge home bar to be able to make mixed drinks?
Like having rum/vodka/gin/tequila/triple sec/coke and sour mix on hand to make icedteas?

(I do, but that is the exception!)

No, not a huge bar, just an adequate one for my tastes. I've been around awhile, tried a lot of things, and I prefer to keep it simple. Good beer, red wine, and whiskey. That does not need a huge home bar.

More power to you. Enjoy the ride.

depending on mood.

Patron on the rocks in a chilled glass.

Tillamore Dew on the rocks in a chilled glass.

Irish Coffee, NOT with Bailey's or Bushmills! Blah!

What is in that?

GDD_davebusters_aliensecretion.jpg

1 part Midori® melon liqueur
1 part Malibu® coconut rum
1 part pineapple juice

Depends on where I go.
Long Islands are good. Irish car bombs, Irish trash cans, Wile Coyote, Jager Bombs.
But mostly hard a, straight up or rocks. Johnnie Walker blue label is my favorite, but spendy. At a couple bars I know the people that work there, I usually go with crown/coke.. which consists of mostly crown with some ice and some coke for color.

Applejack is a good one:
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 fifth Jack Daniels
- Handful of Cinnamon Imperials (the small ones.)

Gently heat the cider, stir in the Jack Daniels. Add the Imperials to taste, heating and stirring until they dissolve. Keep on very low flame (just enough to keep it warm) and let people serve themselves.
That sounds pretty good!

Kamikazes are good
Try a shot of Windex ;)
(replace the triple sec with blue curacao)

Vodka neat is best drunk taken right out of the freezer.
I'll actually ask for neat when a bar doesn't serve shots ;)

Trivia: If vodka and tomato juice make a Bloody Mary, what does vodka mixed with catsup make?
I have no idea!

I'm afraid I'm a philistine. I like to mix Jack with a couple cubes of ice.
But that is not a mixed drink ;)
(but I like Jack!)

I prefer vodka and OJ myself, however my son has been doing some kick ass apple cider, double fermed, tests at 20%, brought a masons jar full into work for the afternoon meeting... see how goes....:rof:

JAGER BOMBS

I prefer vodka and OJ myself, however my son has been doing some kick ass apple cider, double fermed, tests at 20%, brought a masons jar full into work for the afternoon meeting... see how goes....:rof:
Heh, you may not remember how it went! lol

depending on mood.

Patron on the rocks in a chilled glass.

Tillamore Dew on the rocks in a chilled glass.

I've heard good things about tullamore. Still haven't tried it though.

Coffee/Jameson?

I don't think Irish coffee has Bailey's in it, I believe that's a Nutty Irishman
(Although Bailey's is pretty much cheap irish whiskey mixed with cream)

I like having a Mount Vesuvius ;)

Coffee
Jameson
Bailey's
Kahlua
Frangelico

My wife likes me to mix her what I call a strawberry milk.

Milk, vodka, vermouth, triple-sec and grenadine. Can make it frozen or on the rocks.

Back