• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mineral basin

xjblue said:
others who may show up:

Jerm S
Tom R
Mikal in an XJ towing a bronc II
Dan (91 xj) in a black rig (if not working)
JeepZZ in a white rig maybe afternoon (catch up!!)
1 or 2 XJ friends w/ Utahxjer?
friend of Climbon w/ red xj?
[/B]

The bronco II is a friend who was trying to get work off to come.
I drive a white 97 xj. I don't know yet if I can make it, I have family coming to visit tonight. If I can get away then I'll for sure be there by 9:00.

Mikal

Just head up AF canyon, and a little past the Timpanogos Cave Station, is a fork in the road, turn left, and head up until you run into the parking lot you can't miss it. Pretty sure there is a sign for the turn off that says ":arrowl: Tibblefork Reservior:arrowl: "

My parents are camping up there tonight right by the reservoir, and I'll be going up to help em set up camp and hang out, so I'll track the mileage up there and the mileage to the turn off, and post it late tonight, sound good?:guitar:

Looks like I'll have to skip this one since I can't make it out until late afternoon.
...and I just got my Jeep out of the shop and wanted to go beat on it a bit to try out some newly 'modified' parts. :D
Maybe next time on a Sunday???

ok, my fiance went up there this afternoon to help set up camp, and here are the mileages: From the pay station to the left turn approximately 4.8 miles. And from the turn off to the reservoir parking lot approximately 2.1 miles. So there you have it!!!

"Son of a B#$%$!!!" Well count me out, I'm really sorry guys, I was lookin forward to this soo much this whole week. Well last Sunday after wheelin my front driveshaft sheered the nuts off, the ones that hold the DS to the transfer case yoke, and I guess when it was banging around it hit and broke off the linkage to the 4 wheel drive!!! I just barely got my DS back on, and went to test out the 4wd and the lever is not connected to anything, so I'm screwed for now, hope we can all get another trip planned soon. After I get this fixed, geez.:anon: :(

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for letting me and my friend (CJ-John) come along. It was a fun, the trail was fun to. You guys are really nice and pleasant to be around. I don't like to complain but there are just some people out there who are into this, that are just.......well you know.

I took a few pics and posted them on webshots.....for some reason, there were a few that that website couldn't or wouldn't download and I can't figure out why! :(

http://community.webshots.com/user/brettpaul

Thanks....Brett

great pics. We really had a wonderful time and would like to do it again real soon. For those of you who missed out I feel very sorry. We all ended up getting prizes because our numbers were so few. I think I got the best prize, an Atlas II, but TPS's ARB's for front AND rear sure were nice too. Thanks Climbon! j/k I really hope we get serious about creating a local chapter. I would be willing to devote some time to that, but we will need a lot of help. I think more of these trail rides will help all of us to get to know each other and it should be easier at that time to get a chapter up and going. Someone was talking about a Bountiful canyon run next. When and where?

Found a way to get the other pics on there (about 8more).......so they are all there now that I took. I would have more but my friend didn't know how to use my camera as I instructed.....oh well :)

Brett

Like wise I had a blast, keep in touch because we will work on another trip soon. I have to leave town for a week but as soon as I get back I can down load the video and pictures for all that were there. Hopefully we can get more jeeps involved including XJ's. See you all soon, oh yea don't forget to clean out those air filters (cough cough).

It was a good time on Saturday. Bountiful Ridge sounds fun. There is also a little Canyon called North Canyon that is good that is the first canyon past the gravel pits in North Salt Lake that is a good ride also. I spend a lot of time at both because it is so close to me. Any one up for it in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks again climbon for the great prizes. I hope you weren't to late for your wife.

I still don't know what my overheating problem is/was, but still had a good time even though I was severly late and slightly distracted with the cooling woes. Thanks for the assistance of the high-lift and everything..........saved my tranny pan and kept me from being disabled on the trail so I wouldn't need a tow down.

I did bend a 'Go-Fer-It' tie rod (quite an accomplishment, IMHO) when my front tire slipped off a rock. I can't bend it back with a bottle jack and it on the vehicle, so it's a decent grade of steel at very worst. On to the hydraulic press...........

Dude! You are the king of bent tierods.......I have 3 words for you.....Over The Knuckle. I'll even hook you up with the DW-free design using DOM and off the shelf TREs'.......justs as soon as I get it done! hehehe

Sorry I missed the run, have to make sure I'm in on the next one.

XJEEPER

stp189 said:
It was a good time on Saturday. Bountiful Ridge sounds fun. There is also a little Canyon called North Canyon that is good that is the first canyon past the gravel pits in North Salt Lake that is a good ride also. I spend a lot of time at both because it is so close to me. Any one up for it in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks again climbon for the great prizes. I hope you weren't to late for your wife.
Count me in!! I'll just need a little advanced notice.
Man, we really do need a Rocky Mtn. Chapter of NAXJA.

I am down in AZ using my friends E-mail line and name. We will set up a Utah chapter and more trail runs. Let's meet at Wingers just off the freeway in Lehi, to get this all together and set up a local NAXJA chapter in Utah. Next week when I get back, about the 22nd or so, Let me know. If you are interested E-mail me at [email protected] to get this thing off the groung and rolling for years to come. Thanks Keith (climbon)

I also had a great time on Saturday! arrived back from Flaming Gorge at 2:00 am that morning so didn't know of the time change. I'm glad I caught up to you all at the turn off to Forest Lake. I kept looking behind me for a "Teal" Cherokee though as I arrived :rolleyes:

I'll try and post some pics soon, got some good ones of mbryson's overheating junk and that YJ hung up on the same rock!

Looking foreward to future events with this group. as we came down from Forest Lake I spoke with some of the quad drivers, one guy asked how my stock Cherokee was doing, the younger guy that was with him said he also has an XJ, told him to check out NAXJA on the web!

Re: bronco 2

mikal said:
If your junk is towed to the trailhead by an xj can you still be invited?

JUNK?!?!

Hey! I've seen the Mighty BII go places your Cherokee turned tail and ran from! Lol, just yankin your chain Mike.
Yep guys, I have been exposed. I only drive the Jeep to pull the Ford for now. But have no fear, the Ford will soon be sold to fund a buildup for the Jeep, including a homemade 6.5" lift, 4.56's, and lockers f/r.

Back