• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet at Rausch Creek Oct 25th

Well, if everyone makes it that says they are going to (which we all know NEVER happens), this is how I see the groups breaking down. I am making a few assumptions for a few people because I don't know their setup:

Greens--

Green/Blues--
1.backroads
2.backroads brother
3.deucestudios
4.hammered
5.Chedisme
6. MrSimon
7.Mud on the Tires (don't know your setup)
8.Kevinma255 (don't know your setup)

Blues--
1.Warrior
2.Supermanxj
3.Justin G
4.Mike
5.JoeV
6.Lee
7.Easy Xjer
8.1999MJ
9.JoeShmo
10.JeepinCoastie

Blue/Blacks--
2.Box
3.GI-John
4.Mufflerbearing
5.JimsXJ
6.Johngus
7.RobsJeepXJ

I will need a couple of trail leaders, so if anyone with some experience with RC wants to step up and lead a group, that would be great. I'll take a group, but want to "shakedown" my Jeep a little (re-done brakes, new OA trackbar and hydro-assist).

Thanks,
A.

Weather for saturday.

High of 56, low of 39 with Thunderstorms possible. GI-John should feel right at home...

Dress accordingly.

wish i could make this one.... do you guys do a run when it gets cold and snows? loved wheeling in the snow with my tj, have yet to get the xj on any trails. only had it a month.

I am considering draging my XJ out there again. I am not sure I can handle blacks but would like to give it a try. Is it going to be a small enough group to drag me out of what I find out I should not have tried (and possibly back to my trailer) and not ruin the day for everyone in the group? If not I may decide to bring my Grand Cherokee up and just run with the greens. It is stock and shiny. I use it for work so I can't break it.

Hey Andy my rig is a 96 XJ, 4.5" lift, 33" M/T and 4.56 gears. I have been up to Rausch Creek twice before and primarily I have stuck to the blues. My buddy MrSimon is a first timer so I was going to stick with him. I'm flexible on going wherever. I also have a winch on my rig as well. We are driving up Saturday morning. Thanks for putting this meet together - Todd

Hey Andy my rig is a 96 XJ, 4.5" lift, 33" M/T and 4.56 gears. I have been up to Rausch Creek twice before and primarily I have stuck to the blues. My buddy MrSimon is a first timer so I was going to stick with him. I'm flexible on going wherever. I also have a winch on my rig as well. We are driving up Saturday morning. Thanks for putting this meet together - Todd

OK, good deal. Are you locked at all? It looks like it may be a little wet, but we'll see what the day brings. Another XJ from D-town, I guess we're going to have to set up a local work party/get together one of these days.

A.

I am considering draging my XJ out there again. I am not sure I can handle blacks but would like to give it a try. Is it going to be a small enough group to drag me out of what I find out I should not have tried (and possibly back to my trailer) and not ruin the day for everyone in the group? If not I may decide to bring my Grand Cherokee up and just run with the greens. It is stock and shiny. I use it for work so I can't break it.

How is your XJ set up? Lift/tires/gearing/lockers.....

A.

it is the stock setup (no lift, just spring reinforcers) with heavily cut fenders and 33s. no lockers and stock dana 30/35. I was at the breast cancer event last weekend and ran mostly blues and did a lot of the black rock gardens. they are predicting rain so I think blacks are going to be out of my ability, at least when they are wet. Guess I will just wait untill next year to break it. I may have replacement axles ready by then.

It is probably a better idea to run the grand out and stick with the easy stuff. that only has a reciever on the back and no front hooks though so I have to be carefull about getting stuck.

I will go back on the thread and check but who should I look for and what time are you planning on hitting the trail?

found a start time of 8:30 and I guess I will just look for a big group and ask If they are you. Also if I am late, dont wait for me. I am never late so if I am not there it means I am not comming. I think that decission will be made depending on when I get out of work and how I feel at 3:30 AM about getting up and driving 3+ hours.

I'm in for tomorrow - thinking greens/blues, since I'm just back from Moab and need to "recalibrate" for East Coast terrain.

Rob

found a start time of 8:30 and I guess I will just look for a big group and ask If they are you. Also if I am late, dont wait for me. I am never late so if I am not there it means I am not comming. I think that decission will be made depending on when I get out of work and how I feel at 3:30 AM about getting up and driving 3+ hours.

You shouldn't be able to miss a good sized group of XJ's. Also, I am not sure you'll want to run blacks tomorrow. 33" tires, factory gears and a D35 are a recipe for disaster when the trails are wet. Sometimes RC has spare shafts, D35 axles break so often that they normally have a few on-hand, but it is hard to say if they will have any tomorrow. But there are PLENTY of challenging blue trails....

A.

Sorry, one more question, if I just drive my grand out there is there going to be a group that sticks to the easy/stock (28in low pro tires, no lift, no body damage) kind of trails or should I just drag the xj out there to be on the safe side?

Sorry, one more question, if I just drive my grand out there is there going to be a group that sticks to the easy/stock (28in low pro tires, no lift, no body damage) kind of trails or should I just drag the xj out there to be on the safe side?

Yes, there will be a group you'll fit into with the GC if you want to bring it out instead of the XJ.

A.

Personally i think there will be more people running easier trails if we get the the weather they are predicting. Someone else mentioned earlier... mud/wet rocks can increase a trails difficulty signifigantly.

Add a less agressive tread, open diffs to that and you can quickly make the spotters day a long one. :D

Oh, and this is an XJ club. :wave1: I kid.....

Back