• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet at Rausch Creek Oct 25th

Yea I with Hammered my jeep has never been cleaner!
although the carpet is ruined, but who needs carpet? not me.

some pics
CIMG1596.jpg

CIMG1650-1.jpg

CIMG1651.jpg

CIMG1666.jpg

CIMG1667.jpg

CIMG1650.jpg

CIMG1671.jpg

Wow, what a wet day!!! It figures, the past few weekends were absolutely gorgeous, so I guess we were due for a good rain. I just filled the washer with all of my wet clothes, and it will probably take a week to dry the Jeep out!!

I put my basement de-humidifier on the seat of my MJ when I got home. I I let it run all night. It sucked all the moisture out of the truck and everything is dry as a bone. There was a lot of dry dirt left over that I just vacuumed up with the shop vac.

I hate letting a damp Jeep sit around. Things start to rust and it starts to stink .... yeah, you know the smell I'm talking about:puke:

It was nice to meet some new faces from the area. It was great wheeling with you guys. Hope to do it again someday. Andy thank you for putting this all together. I had a great time even though the weather was not cooperating with us. Hope everyone made it home safe with mimnal damage to their rigs. Victor

Despite the rain, I had a great time. A day of rollin around in the woods with jeeps is always cool..rain or shine. Seeing that tie rod shaped into a "U" made me rethink of the hassle of packing spare parts every trip. Funny...doesn't seem like a hassle any more..:smoker: will be loaded for bear next trip.

Rained soo much I had drops of water dripping on me from my softtop all the way home. Sweet...

Stay Dry!!

Haha...sounds like you guys had an equally fun weekend. Out at Rock Run we got over 1.5" of rain on Saturday and still managed to have an awesome time. That's awesome that you had such a large turnout for it.

it was a little wet out there, but still a good time. wish mine didnt crap out on me! next time!

If that's "a little wet" by your definition, I'd hate to see what "really wet" looks like...

Anyhow, despite the soaking conditions it was a good day. You know what they say - "a bad day wheeling is better than a good day at work" - so I guess we can't complain too much.

Rob

I was great to meet everybody Saturday and put faces to the names. All in all I had a good weekend, despite the rain. Thanks to Andy for putting the whole M & G together. This was my first with NAXJA, but certainly not my last.

I never made it back to Rausch on Sunday... ended up going to Centralia & exploring there. Mostly just easy trails, but found a couple difficult obstales, but avoided those for fear of getting stuck.

Picture029.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Last edited:
That is directly above the worlds largest coal mine fires. It's been burning for a few decades now and is suppose to burn for a few centuries. google Centralia PA and you'll find out all about it. I always wanted to go check that strip of abandoned road but never had the balls too. The whole area is littered with sink holes. And you never know when a new one will open up.

Pretty cool box. I was the guy in the black cherokee behind you in the morning at RC.

Is there a lot to explore at centralia? Been there before, but just drove through never really poked around. Got coordinates of the trail head or anything?

Back