• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

McCain admits he does not know how to use a computer

Which do you think is a bigger deterent to Putin's aggression in the region, McCain/Palin's "back off Jack!" approach, or the Obama/Biden's "can't we just cuddle and talk about this?" strategy?

Putin is a thug, trained by the KGB. I'll betcha he's whacked guys like Obama during breakfast, without spilling 1 Fruit-Loop....... If he fears the US and it's leaders being willing to stand up to him, there will be respect.

Obama is the candidate of choice by our enemies......do the math.

XJEEPER said:
Which do you think is a bigger deterent to Putin's aggression in the region, McCain/Palin's "back off Jack!" approach, or the Obama/Biden's "can't we just cuddle and talk about this?" strategy?

Putin is a thug, trained by the KGB. I'll betcha he's whacked guys like Obama during breakfast, without spilling 1 Fruit-Loop....... If he fears the US and it's leaders being willing to stand up to him, there will be respect.

Obama is the candidate of choice by our enemies......do the math.
That is the 1 trillion dollar question. IN spite of Putin's past, I suspect Russia's recent aggression is at least in part (there are other issues) due to our recent NATO aggresion of swallowing up Eastern Europe and our denial of NATO membership to Russia. We, Bush senior for sure (and posibly Reagan just before he left office, need to look up the exact timeline) made hard promises to the Soviet Union that when Russia withdrew from Eastern Europe that we would not suck Eastern Europe into NATO, and they would only merge Eastern Germany into Western Germany, and thus into NATO. Bush Jr, threw that deal out the door with his beligerant attitude the last 8 years and pissed off the Russians.

Perhaps Mud8 can fill in the blanks since he has as does live there, Germany.

I think we already discussed this issue in detail in the Georgia thread a few weks ago.

buschwhaked said:
Same goes for Republicans here as well...
That argument is bull. "I only do it because they do it..." Think for yourself. This goes for you to a certain extent as well Mike. Saying that you only stooped to this level because nobody else kept above it just says that your morals are no better than the people you claim are ignorant/mudslingers/whatever. You just use other's behavior as an excuse. If you don't want to see flimsy arguments tossed out, don't toss them out yourself. That's one less person making stupid arguments.
I do agree though that calling Obama Osama is dumb. Trying to push information that isn't necessarily verified as true doesn't make sense either. Especially when the candidate has so many areas to poke fun at/mock ;)

Ecomike said:
That is the 1 trillion dollar question. IN spite of Putin's past, I suspect Russia's recent aggression is at least in part (there are other issues) due to our recent NATO aggresion of swallowing up Eastern Europe and our denial of NATO membership to Russia. We, Bush senior for sure (and posibly Reagan just before he left office, need to look up the exact timeline) made hard promises to the Soviet Union that when Russia withdrew from Eastern Europe that we would not suck Eastern Europe into NATO, and they would only merge Eastern Germany into Western Germany, and thus into NATO. Bush Jr, threw that deal out the door with his beligerant attitude the last 8 years and pissed off the Russians.

Perhaps Mud8 can fill in the blanks since he has as does live there, Germany.

I think we already discussed this issue in detail in the Georgia thread a few weks ago.
If the country is begging us to let them because they're afraid of Russia, how is that NATO aggression? Georgia wants in, Russia said no way, not gonna happen. Since when did Russia have the ability to dictate the foreign policy of a sovereign nation, not involved in being a threat to the region?

Ecomike said:

Here is a quote about the eastern expansion, both sides say different things.

The scholar Stephen F. Cohen argued in 2005 that a commitment was given that NATO would never expand further east,[14] but according to Robert B. Zoellick, then a State Department official involved in the Two Plus Four negotiating process, this appears to be a misperception; no formal commitment of the sort was made.[15] On May 7, 2008, The Daily Telegraph held an interview with Gorbachev in which he repeated his view that such a commitment had been made. Gorbachev said "the Americans promised that NATO wouldn't move beyond the boundaries of Germany after the Cold War but now half of central and eastern Europe are members, so what happened to their promises? It shows they cannot be trusted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

Blaming Bush for the eastern expansion of NATO is a little far fetched. There is only 1 American on the cousel, the rest are mainly European, and a Canadian. There has never been an American Secretary General of NATO since it was created, though that might have something to do with our Generals always controling the military portion.

Regardless, Bush does not control who does or does not join NATO. Countries, they must be European, apply. They are then given a MAP of steps they must complete, and completetion does not garentee membership. After those steps I can't find anything else, ha ha.
http://www.nato.int/issues/map/index.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_2158768_become-member-nato.html

Now put your hatred of Bush aside and think how these tiny countries think and feel. They have Russia sitting right on their border, this new country has very little military to protect themselves from the Russian bear. They have lived under Soviet control for a good portion of their lives and are worried about that happening again. If I was running one of those countries I'd be begging to join NATO. If Georgia would've been a NATO member, then Russia wouldn't have been just attacking Georgia they would've been attacking NATO.

I bet if you were living in Georgia you would be in love Bush and praying everynight that your country gets into NATO.

Last edited:
Darky said:
If the country is begging us to let them because they're afraid of Russia, how is that NATO aggression? Georgia wants in, Russia said no way, not gonna happen. Since when did Russia have the ability to dictate the foreign policy of a sovereign nation, not involved in being a threat to the region?

Cuba.....Turkey.....nuclear missles....Cuban Missle crisis.

Ecomike said:
Cuba.....Turkey.....nuclear missles....Cuban Missle crisis.
I'm sorry but I don't base my sense of right and wrong on what some crazy guy with aspirations on expanding his power tells me is right or wrong.

Back