• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

McCain admits he does not know how to use a computer

scottmcneal said:
I'm thinking hanging chad here mike :dunno: .. Have a nice dayparty1:

:clap:Good one, but :shhh:, don't want to give away any national secrets!

I was just tinking about the old saying about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks!!!!1

Ecomike said:
Anybody that can not use a computer or the internet now days is a lost cause IMHO. Makes me wonder if he even knows how to use a cell phone like the I-phone? :shiver:

How can we elect someone who is technology illiterate?

Your shittin' us, right?

I thought this was about someone to lead our country? Someone who can think for themselves, is knowledgeable and experienced with wisdom and common sense, understands the important issues and isn't afraid to go against popular opinion. But you think knowing how to use Word, Excell, an iPhone, and surf the web is one of the important qualities? Excuse me, but what a dumbass. You know, the Internet is mostly entertainment, and is good for getting news and research. If you don't have time for this lind of enterrtainment, and you get your news other ways, and you have staff to do research for you, why the fawk do you need a computer? Then it comes down to personal choice and the best use of your time......something that I seriously doubt you have room to criticize Mr McCain.

Damn, you're showing how shallow you are on political issues. The stuff that you're posting here shows what you think important issues are, and they are exceptionally shallow on your part. Rather than doing blatantly biased negative campaigning against your candidates opponant, why don't you shed some of your wisdom on some serious issues?

He is going to be the President, how much do you think he will really be using the computer?
Maybe there is a brief from somewhere else that he will be getting, I bet he has an aide that sets the system up.
I would assume that most of the briefings are done with hard copies.
And honestly I can't find any pictures of the Oval office with a computer on the desk.

I'm sure Obama knows how to use one so he can keep in contact with his real people. He will know about the attacks before anyone else, he just won't care. :twak:

he cant hold his fucking hands over his head. he's older then dirt. he cant use a computer, but the biggest reason he will fail? REPUBLICAN.

nw-xj-scott said:
he cant hold his fucking hands over his head. he's older then dirt. he cant use a computer, but the biggest reason he will fail? REPUBLICAN.

He's a military Veteran. He was held captive and tortured for 5.5 years.

Wonder WHY he can't hold his hand over his head?

At least he served our country in an honorable fashion. Mr. Obama cant even hold his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

Better an old patriot than someone who has NO honor, or respect for this country.

Ecomike said:
I doubt he could find the on switch much less handle the joy stick! LOL. Hell he probably thinks the CD drive on the Xbox is a coffee cup holder.

Anybody that can not use a computer or the internet now days is a lost cause IMHO. Makes me wonder if he even knows how to use a cell phone like the I-phone? :shiver:

How can we elect someone who is technology illiterate?

What an idiot! :looser:

nw-xj-scott said:

try reading your avatar before you post please:banghead:

Steve_Moore said:
I'm sure Obama knows how to use one so he can keep in contact with his real people. He will know about the attacks before anyone else, he just won't care. :twak:
Black wave?

Goatman said:
Your shittin' us, right?

I thought this was about someone to lead our country? Someone who can think for themselves, is knowledgeable and experienced with wisdom and common sense, understands the important issues and isn't afraid to go against popular opinion. But you think knowing how to use Word, Excell, an iPhone, and surf the web is one of the important qualities? Excuse me, but what a dumbass. You know, the Internet is mostly entertainment, and is good for getting news and research. If you don't have time for this lind of enterrtainment, and you get your news other ways, and you have staff to do research for you, why the fawk do you need a computer? Then it comes down to personal choice and the best use of your time......something that I seriously doubt you have room to criticize Mr McCain.

Damn, you're showing how shallow you are on political issues. The stuff that you're posting here shows what you think important issues are, and they are exceptionally shallow on your part. Rather than doing blatantly biased negative campaigning against your candidates opponant, why don't you shed some of your wisdom on some serious issues?

Yes it is about someone to lead our country. OK, maybe this was a little bit of a cheap shot, but not near as cheap as the stuff others have been posting about Obama here, which is what finaly got me a bit rilled up enough to start this thread. At least what I posted was true, something that McCain admited to.

I have tried to keep my discusion and debate on the up and up for several weeks, but I finally secumed to the tossing of mud after so many others have chosen to to toss mud here aimed at democrats and Obama. I just figured it was fair play, but it seems I am outnumbered here about 7 to 1, so perhaps fair play does not apply to me. But I still think my point was at least a small valid point, at least as good as some of the garbage thrown at Obama here lately.

... in that we are now a heavily interconected electronic world where most people can at least turn on a computer and browse the news and read and send their own emails it just bothered me that McCain admited that he did not know how to use a computer. Yes McCain can function just fine as President with out being able to turn on and use a computer, but doesn't the fact that he has never tried to learn how to use one of today's grade school level computers say something about the man? I don't know maybe he just doesn't trust technology and computers. Perhaps that is Bill Gates fault! LOL.

I have no doub't he could learn how to use one in no time at all.

Oh and I take exception to the Dumbass name calling! It does neither of us any good. Oh, and while the internet may be mostly used for entertainment (as you pointed out) by others, I use it mostly for business, which is perhaps why I have a different perspective on it.

So, yes, in conclusion, not being computer literate is not going to be a crippling problem for McCain if he becomes president.

red91 said:
He's a military Veteran. He was held captive and tortured for 5.5 years.

Wonder WHY he can't hold his hand over his head?

At least he served our country in an honorable fashion. Mr. Obama cant even hold his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

Better an old patriot than someone who has NO honor, or respect for this country.

Do you really believe Obama has no honor or respect for his country?

I find them both to be commited, honorable (at least as honorable as any lifetime politian can claim to be, :D LOL) men with plenty of respect for their country.

Ecomike said:
I am outnumbered here about 7 to 1, so perhaps fair play does not apply to me. You and I both know that it applies to everyone, out numbered or not.

it just bothered me that McCain admited that he did not know how to use a computer, but doesn't the fact that he has never tried to learn how to use one of today's grade school level computers say something about the man?

Alright let's approach this issue. Whether he can use one or not...I got $20.00 that says he can read, write, use proper English, and SPELL without the help of spell check, as well as make basic change for a five dollar bill. How many of our children can do the same thing? The education system needs more hands on teaching and not computer teaching. I'd rather he work with the education system as opposed to learning how to run shitty microsoft programs. When the kids in the local 5 and dime still can't give proper change even when the register tells them EXACTLY how much to give back...what does that say about education in America?

So, yes, in conclusion, not being computer literate is not going to be a crippling problem for McCain if he becomes president.

Good concession.

Over and out.

Ecomike said:

I find them both to be commited, honorable (at least as honorable as any lifetime politian can claim to be, :D LOL) men with plenty of respect for their country.

Yes I do. Simply holding your hand over your heart in public, whether he likes to or not,is a sign of respect to the country he wants to lead.

As commander in chief of our armed forces I would suspect as well that he will not salute back when saluted to. But I'd hazard a guess that he would bust someones rank if they didn't show him the proper respect.

Our military men and women deserve a leader that respects our flag, country and citizens.

And I don't think he can bring that to the table by the prior actions he has shown.

Ecomike said:
No he doesn't and yes I do! Wait and see.

Ecomike said:
I just figured it was fair play, but it seems I am outnumbered here about 7 to 1, so perhaps fair play does not apply to me.

Perhaps you know of a government assistance program will help keep the "game" PC for you, since you feel so outnumbered? That way you won't feel like a looser and have more reasons to blame everything bad on the evil Republicans and credit anything good to the Democrats........

BTW, my Grandpa has had skin cancer removed several times, is 93 yrs old and still lives at home and takes care of himself.

Are you saying that old people are not qualified to hold leadership positions, simply because of age? The same age that has allowed them to gain years of wisdom and experience? Seems like every job I've every had, there was a pre-requisite of experience. For those that I applied for and didn't get......I should blame it on the President I guess, as long as I didn't vote for him...............time to man up, Mike.

obama-no-patriot.jpg

Does he or does he not?

Back