• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manual door years?

sph33r

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a point in time where Jeep stopped making manual window/lock doors? I'd like to switch from powered to manual doors on my 94 if they even exist. Guess I'm not sure if the doors from the older, more likely manual years would fit the 94's..

I've got a '94 with manual doors,... but why on earth would you want to get rid of powered windows and door locks?

yardape said:
I've got a '94 with manual doors,... but why on earth would you want to get rid of powered windows and door locks?

simple....manual regulators rarely break. and when they do...$30.00 is cheaper than a power regulator, window motor, or switch depending on what goes wrong.

The less moving parts....the better ;)

if your gonna do it.... 84-96 regulators will work for ya.

red91inWA said:
simple....manual regulators rarely break. and when they do...$30.00 is cheaper than a power regulator, window motor, or switch depending on what goes wrong.

The less moving parts....the better ;)

if your gonna do it.... 84-96 regulators will work for ya.

I hear ya but I am SO tired of having to reach over the seat to let people into the rear.

red91inWA said:
should have bought a 2dr. :D

I hear ya again but not with a kid in tow.

the manual systems do 'fail' mines getting so tight I'm sure one day something's going to
snap. I wouldn't buy a used/junkyard system unless you can verify that it works.

And here I am looking to go the other way.. :)

I just got a 1993 Cherokee with manual everything, and I am looking into switching everything to power options...

Too bad we don't live closer, we could just switch doors. :)

Jamie

If your manual lock linkages or windows are getting tight they probably just need lubed. I know they at least went past 96 with manual locks/windows and I thought all the "SE" model cherokees had non-powered doors. I don't really miss power windows.

Got a friend with an 01 xj with manual everything. So I dont think they ever stopped. Mine on the other hand has power eveything, LOVE IT!!! Dont know why you would want to put manual doors in???

Pogiboy said:
Got a friend with an 01 xj with manual everything. So I dont think they ever stopped. Mine on the other hand has power eveything, LOVE IT!!! Dont know why you would want to put manual doors in???

Simplicity, less complicated, easier to salvage when things fail... For the same reason I prefer manual trannies. Both me and my mom and a whole bunch of people I know had cars where the windows got stuck down or up. The power locks are something I miss.

Plus a lot of people aren't using their XJs as daily drivers. Severe vibrations, getting it wet, etc could make the electric one fail. People tend to remove unnecessary conveinences from trail rigs (carpets, doors, rear seats...you know).

Back