• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mako Off Road lifts?

probably the same crap as tuff country, I wouldn't run it. You pretty much get what you pay for on this stuff, it seems there are no deal, unless you are buying used.

They gave me a really good NAXJA discount on a set of ADJ UCA's. I haven't had a chance to put them on yet though, so no real world experience.

The pieces seem well built though.

John

Quality is not the best. I really tore up one of their rear XJ shackles.

The customer service is absolutely outstanding though. They really went out of their way to make me satisified.

i guess it all depends on what type of wheelin' you do. if it is light and nothing too extreme, then it would probably be ok. but if you wanna get into rock crawling and other hardcore stuff, i'd say get something more tested, like RE or OME.

although, since there arent too many poeple that have run mako products (i am assuming), then it will just take time for people to buy it and test it out on the trails for themselves... for the price, it may be worth testing it out for yourself...

yeah take one for the team...
we need to have more guinea pigs...i am trying one of the `el cheapo harbor freight winches...
as soon as it breaks i'll report back

Mako is a good local outfit here. The guy is a supporter of NAXJA (donated many items to our NAXJA Intermountain Chapter Moab event last month) and a Cherokee enthusiast too. If you ever have any problems with what he sells, let him know and he'll take care of it.

Might just have to be a guinea pig on this one. Still looking around though. Won't be used for any rockcrawling just street,moderate trails and mud. Good customer service is definatly a plus in my book...

xjfish said:
Might just have to be a guinea pig on this one. Still looking around though. Won't be used for any rockcrawling just street,moderate trails and mud. Good customer service is definatly a plus in my book...

i agree, i'll pay a lil more for excellent customer service.

Good customer service is definatly a plus in my book...

Good is not what his service is, Excellent is closer but still not an accurate description. I don't think I have received service quite as good anywhere else. The service was outstanding, it wasn't their fault I had more gas pedal than brains.

Something strange about a suspension company named after something that lives in the water.... just strange....

Anyhow, if anyone takes the plunge, keep us posted. I know everyone is always looking for a deal!

Back