• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Makeover for my heep!!!

Now for the clamps in the a pillars so it can come off for finish welding and paint!

100_2694.jpg

100_2693.jpg

100_2695.jpg

And off she comes!

100_2696.jpg

100_2697.jpg

Looks good. I'm not much of a fan of the D-pillars. I like the looks of the tire carrier. Just without the D-pillars. lol Tho, that's not possible.

Just think, how often do you actually hit the d-pillar on anything?

Well thats actually the only part of the cage I've hit on anything as of yet! I've hit them on rocks and tree's 3 or 4 times already! I'm not real wild about the looks of the d pillars either but not sure how else to make it work! the whole Idea is to protect the rear of the heap and also have a place to mount the tire carrier! Thanks for the input.

lol, You're thinking the opposite as I do. I WANT to bang up the back so I can justify cutting it off. :) The hatch area of my Jeep seems to be the only place that I can't manage to bang up. Grrr.

I'm in such need of a JD bender it's not even funny. Still saving some dollars up for it.

Ya it's a nice bender! And I really don't wana cut my hatch off cause I need it for keepin the kids and their camping supplies dry! It's a curse. Aftre the kids are gone it'll be a MJ Truggie for me! Or maybe sooner than that!

Btw, You're building yours almost exactly how I have mine planned with the exception of the D-pillars. I plan to make my halo shorter than yours. (From the windshield to the front of the rear side window where most people chop the top) Then, go from there down to the floor in the cargo area over top of the rear spring hangers.

Also, I don't plan to make a 'roof rack'. Mostly just a halo to protect the sides of the roof.

Are you going to run tube along the inside of the front fender and come out of the top of the header panel and hook to your stinger?

Ya it's a nice bender! And I really don't wana cut my hatch off cause I need it for keepin the kids and their camping supplies dry! It's a curse. Aftre the kids are gone it'll be a MJ Truggie for me! Or maybe sooner than that!

Lol, same here. Thus, need to be able to justify cutting it. :)

Also, I don't plan to make a 'roof rack'. Mostly just a halo to protect the sides of the roof.
Ya again camping stuff, LMAO with 2 girls and a city girl wife it takes lots of room for campin stuff!:shhh:
Are you going to run tube along the inside of the front fender and come out of the top of the header panel and hook to your stinger? Yup just have'nt got it done yet

i like where this thing is going, looking good

Agreed tire carrier looks great, not a fan of the D pillars but other than that really enjoying this thread.

Back