• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

made my front doors removable....*pics*

So how did you make the hinges for the door. A tree tried to take my door off and messed up the hinges pretty bad. I plan on cutting the hinges off and putting something there that makes it easier to remove the door and put it back on, so I can switch between my future half door and the new door.

i want to be able to remove my doors on my 2 door when i get a motor for it and i was told and have noticed it looks like u guys just pop that little pin out and go is this correct or am i mising a step and is it as easy as lining it back up and putting the pin in after wards cuz it gets cold over here to. thanks drew

You basically just cut off the bottom of the hinge on most, but they need to have the older hinge style. On some, the pins insert from the bottom, so you will have to make new pins. Then just grind the pin down some and gain access to your electrical connections.

Then they just lift off like a Wrangler.

I made the lower pins slightly longer than the top, and rounded the edges to make it easier to align when putting door back on.

can you do the same thing with the newer body style jeeps? (97+) i have an 01 and i have taken them off before and there a PITA to get lined up correctly. i want to cut them but the hinge design is a little different

trailreadyxj do u have a pic or diagram of that sounds simple but im not exactly what u mean by cutting the hnge and maiking a new pin if u cut the bottom y do u need a new pin (newbie) thanks drew

drew91xj said:
trailreadyxj do u have a pic or diagram of that sounds simple but im not exactly what u mean by cutting the hnge and maiking a new pin if u cut the bottom y do u need a new pin (newbie) thanks drew

ttocsnekia said:

Yup, it's all in there.

little red cheroke said:
can you do the same thing with the newer body style jeeps? (97+) i have an 01 and i have taken them off before and there a PITA to get lined up correctly. i want to cut them but the hinge design is a little different

I haven't heard of any simple way to mod the new hinges, you would probably have to change to the old style hinge.

Back