• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowered XJ or MJ how low?

O wow haha I get it. She only weighs 120 lbs so it didn't even pop into my mind.

:cheers:
crazyjim said:
Ip know you're going to think I'm an asshole... but that's the ugliest ileof shit I've ever seen in my life...
be tolerant, remember"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" an I'll tell you I'll beholdin my hands over my eyes if I see that rig coming down the road. actually if you 2wd guys want to get down in the weeds 14" tires & 60 series tires will help.4wd guys ,remove your front d/shaft & you can get down there too.I've had a few lowered cars in my time, but I've always tried to balance it out by having a lifted rig or two.I guess crazy jim is just another west coast elitest[it takes one to know one tho.]

I just cut my stock front springs, and the rear has, er, lowered itself over time. Its not bouncy at all, and it doesnt look bad either. When run with thicker sway bars it combines for a sporty but comfortable ride. There are pics of it somewhere around here. As for moving the engine up a couple inches, I dont think there is enough hood clearance. My air intake was rubbing with a TB spacer.

cherokee chuck said:
:cheers: be tolerant, remember"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" an I'll tell you I'll beholdin my hands over my eyes if I see that rig coming down the road. actually if you 2wd guys want to get down in the weeds 14" tires & 60 series tires will help.4wd guys ,remove your front d/shaft & you can get down there too.I've had a few lowered cars in my time, but I've always tried to balance it out by having a lifted rig or two.I guess crazy jim is just another west coast elitest[it takes one to know one tho.]
lol, it has nothing to do with being a West Coast Elitest. It's just poor taste. Everything about it. I dunno, I just have an extremely sensitive taste when it comes to things like that. It looks chopped and pieced together. Hell, my daily driver SATURN is lowered. But it looks good to most, and isn't gaudy.

Meow.

hubs97xj said:
Where are you finding people who think "Fast N Furious" Saturns are cool?

Man that movie ruined the import scene for me. well japanese anyways. I still love me a honda but i am a vdub guy now. Can't wait to get me a MK4 TDI :D

hubs97xj said:
Where are you finding people who think "Fast N Furious" Saturns are cool?
Haha, because it's lowered means it's fast and the furious? Are you really being serious?

Having owned performance cars my entire life, I can tell you, my saturn, will outhandle my Camaro ANYDAY through a canyon. Power wise no way, it's a saturn, but it will DEFINITELY out turn it.

BTW, not mine but:

IMG_3801.jpg

The first Saturn vehicles were based on the Z-body platform that was developed in-house, and it wasn't until 2000 that Saturn used a platform designed by another GM division. Now they're being turned into the US brand of Opel, the same as Vauxhaul in the UK.

Fun fact: It's estimated that GM has yet to recoup the cost of Saturn's formation.

Not totally suprised that they've yet to get the money back from that. I do remember that GM made Chevy disco the 454SS p/u if the Saturn was a success since the first few gens of Saturns were plastic bodied and teh 454SS was a guzzler.

bjoehandley said:
Not totally suprised that they've yet to get the money back from that. I do remember that GM made Chevy disco the 454SS p/u if the Saturn was a success since the first few gens of Saturns were plastic bodied and teh 454SS was a guzzler.

Actually, Saturn used polymer side panels up until 2005 when it rebranded the Chevy Uplander/Pontiac Montata/Buick Terraza as the Saturn Relay.

Back