• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower swaybar bolts, how to remove?

LoneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
What is the BEST way to remove the lower swaybar bolts that are pressed into the stock mount?

I've got my lower swaybar disco's and cant seem to smack thoes darn press fit bolts out of there.

do I just need a BFH?

L.R.

Big a$$ C-clamp or Ball Joint press, and sockets....Kinda like pressing a u-joint out....

I didn't feel like dicking around with them, so I used a 1/2" drill bit to drill the heads out (kept checking to make sure I didn't go through the head into the bracket). Then I lopped the heads off with a hammer and tapped the sides of the bolts with the same. They came right out and I didn't need a press (didn't have one anyway, lol).

I guess I got lucky, because my swaybar bottom bolts came out extremely easily the first time I pulled them out. They didn't even have the splines on there to hold them in, it was just a torx headed bolt.

i used a pitman arm puller. i had to cut the bolt in half to fit the puller on but it worked great. (fyi beating the bolts with a hammer isnt a good idea.)
-Matt

Back