• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loudest cat-back?

removing the cat is pretty much pointless, ive still got mine with the 40 series and plently loud

cry.jpg

Rev Den said:
WOW...you don't live in the USA?

Just cause your area does not test, don't make it right to ditch your cat.

Just so you know.

Rev

Are you baiting again Rev?

:nono:

:D

GreenbeltXJ said:
thats still legal right? if it was a big deal here they would test here, but they don't so i droped it, got gas mileage and power out of it.

Legal? Nope.

Gas mileage and power? Nope

Redneck, hillbilly, barkeater? Yup.

Rev

those aren't even the good pics

Baby Seals are a renewable resource...I see nothing wrong with clubbing them....after all they are the other white meat. :D

No BS Greenbelt....when you move to CA, you may find that your Cat removal will nip you. While I have no doubt that you feel a "seat of the pants" power increase, your XJ will be allot happier with a cat.

JMHO, not slamming you at all.

Rev

i was planning on putting it back on when i go to cali.

I have a Hooker aero chamber thats installed backwards. It was super quite with the cat on and when I took the cat off it got LOUD! Sounds like a freaking Crop Duster if you cruise over 2800RPM which is to fast anyways lol. I had no idea it was on backwards until I installed my 8.8 and saw the FLOW arrow pointing towards the front. I plan on replacing it with a flowmaster 40 series.

Haleyes said:
Loud pipes save lives.

Thats a load of BS. Loud pipes just piss off non-Jeeps and non-motorcyclists. They hurt our image to the general public and ulitmately get us locked out of places we like to Jeep or ride. Tell me, do you really think John Q Public out in the woods for a nice quiet hike with his family wants to hear noisy Jeeps or dirt bikes? Heck no. Guess what there are a lot of Johns out there with lots of political influence to get all of us, regardless of noise level, kicked out of those woods for good.

I'm pissed at people with loud dirtbike pipes and off-roaders who keep tearing things up. It's resulted in very large areas around me being closed off to off-road vehicles. Loud and stupid snowmobilers have also managed to get large areas roped off to anything but cross-country skiiers. It sucks!

On a motorcycle with straight pipes, most of the noise is behind you and not in front of you where you having problems with people turning left in front of you. If safety was really the true motivation for loud pipes, these hypocrite posers would be wearing bright-reflective colors instead of dark leathers, wear a helmet, attend a Motorcycle-Safety course or two, and make damn sure they are sober when they ride! The best way to ride safe is to be noticeable to the cars and to ride defensively. Unfortunately, the loud pipe weekend rider crowd around here can usually be found parked outside the local watering hole and can frequently be seen driving like total morons.

I came across statistics once that showed bikes with straight pipe were involved in more accidents and fatal injuries per capita than quieter bikes. I'm not sure it's related to the pipes, but rather the type of rider that prefers obnoxiously loud exhausts.

Ok, I'm done ranting....

lawsoncl said:
Thats a load of BS.
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Ok, I'm done ranting....

That was meant to be a funny. Sorry, I forgot my smile to imply such.

Now, climb down off your soapbox and go hug a tree. It'll make you feel better.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(smilies imply humor):D

Haleyes said:
That was meant to be a funny. Sorry, I forgot my smile to imply such.

Now, climb down off your soapbox and go hug a tree. It'll make you feel better.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(smilies imply humor):D

No harm done and I got a chance to vent some frustration. I'll skip the part where I go assault a tree though. ;)

the only annoying motor vehicle sounds come from lawnmowers and ricers

i would be perfectly happy if all traffic sounded like pro stock dragsters

i run my jeep straight piped quite often (dumps under passenger seat) and ive never been pulled over, or got dirty looks for it, its not to loud (unless youre in a tunnel, or before i put carpet in.) ((i love dropping it down a gear and flooring it in tunnels, SOOO much fun))

personally i believe in saving the enviornment through tight emission standards on new vehicles. what percentage of cars on the road (that you see) are older than ten years? not much. americans seem to buy a brand new car every couple years (horrible thought, a NEW car?) so tighter standards on newer cars which the majority drives would be the biggest improvements for the enviornment.

that, and i dont want anyone sticking their nose up my tailpipe.

what if you could be administered a test by the department of enviormental quality, that would exempt you from emission testing? like a knowledge test.

something like if you drive your car to the test site, pull the motor, dissasemble the motor, then reinstall it and it runs you are free to go.

There are lots of vehicles older than 10-years around here. 3 out of 4 in my driveway are with the oldest being the 78 KZ750 motorcycle. I think the biggest push towards newer, more emissions friendly vehicles is the cost of gas. It's reached the point where it's cheaper to have a new car payment than a paid-for an older gas guzzler.

Back