• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loud Clunking noise when turning.

gverrilli

NAXJA Forum User
I was out on the trail over the weekend, mostly in 2wd, but for a technical part, I engaged 4x4 hi and turned a corner and started to get a loud clunking noise when turning and pull on the steering wheel. I returned to 2wd and this continued on even the slightest of turns. Once I returned to highway speeds the issue disappeared an no longer occurred.
The next day I did a quick test drive, no issues, then engaged 4wd hi, made a slight turn on gravel and the issue returned.
I did a lot of research on the forums on this, and the usual suspects I'm looking at and likely will replace the Ujoints. What gets me is why the issue remains while driving at low speeds after returning to 2wd. It's a very loud clunking sounds and in general does not sound good at all. So I wanted to throw this out there and see what anybody things.

Thanks again for you time. I am new to this forum and look forward to your response.

Regards.
gverrilli is online now Report Post
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=41143247

Back