• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lots of new folks around THE NORTHWEST lately.

Re: Lots of new folks around here lately.

Hey, I'm Doug, live in Mill Creek. I've got a '91 with almost no mods thus far, but am building up a nice pile of parts in the garage. Got a set of 35" MTRs on black steelies, a pair of Trail Ready bumpers, a set of Kevin's Jeep Parts nerfs actually bolted on, an XJ D44 currently being built up with 4.88"s and an Ox by Avanteone at Auburn car repair, (Hi John) and a Clayton 6.5" Hardarm kit I just picked up last week. (Hi again, John) Plans include the Tom Woods SYE kit for the 242, matching 4.88"s and Ox for the D30, and a bunch of other stuff that will piss my wife off and alienate me from my children.

Looking forward to meeting you all at some point, hope to be wheeling the XJ by late Spring. I'm doing the buildup all at once, so it'll be another month or two collecting/building up parts, then a marathon install and break-in period.

Hi Guys,

I've been doing a lot of reading on here but not much posting. Here's an album of mine..

http://web.mac.com/oddie/iWeb/Site/Library.html

Picked it up last summer and trying to get it trail ready and also find the time to wheel. Its my DD from Everett to Bellingham. Site incorrectly says 17x8 which of course should be 15x8. IPF headlights are great! There are yukon axles and an ARB locker waiting for the D30 and I have an 8.8 also waiting - got to save for the rear ARB and the gears with install. JCR sliders are primed and waiting for paint and install. M8000, Oly4x4 Top Hat Rack and rear tire carrier are also on the shopping list. Spending more time on snowboarding than wheeling right now. Saw Ecksjay in Monroe last night...

Hope to wheel with ya soon. May the rocks be with you.

OjXj

Hi everyone,

I'm new here too. I don't get out much, so maybe I'll meet some of you on the trail.:gee: !!!1

My names Ryan, livin up in Bellingham goin to Western.

I got a '91 Xj with homebrew 4" and 31 Mud Terrains plus a little bit of custom body work.....and by that i mean dents.

Sam here, new to the board. Been on Jeepin dot com for years now as Sam in Seattle.

Got a 98 Sport with 4" OME lift, Warn M8000, dual ARBs, 31" BFG muds, 4.10 gears, radios, doodads and LOTS of light. (Hence the CNDLPWR)

Electrician by day, generally sleeping at night.

Dave here...

I've learned alot on this site in the past couple of years, and am sure that will continue. Until this point, I've wheeled with mostly Yota guys ( I know, you don't have to say it) but hope to make it to some meet and greets this year. I'm slowly but surely building up my 99 Classic. It was on the fast track a year or so ago, until it fell wayside to my newly emerging fly fishing addiction.....

RE 3.5" SuperFlex Kit
Bilstein 5100s
Magnaflow Exhaust
Dana 30 front - locked
Rustys Transfercase Skid
Confer Roof Rack
Tera 2Lo kit
31x10.5 TrXus M/Ts
lots of pinstriping and body damage courtesy of the Naches Trail
lots of crap waiting to be installed

99greenjeeper said:
Dave here...

I've learned alot on this site in the past couple of years, and am sure that will continue. Until this point, I've wheeled with mostly Yota guys ( I know, you don't have to say it) but hope to make it to some meet and greets this year. I'm slowly but surely building up my 99 Classic. It was on the fast track a year or so ago, until it fell wayside to my newly emerging fly fishing addiction.....

RE 3.5" SuperFlex Kit
Bilstein 5100s
Magnaflow Exhaust
Dana 30 front - locked
Rustys Transfercase Skid
Confer Roof Rack
Tera 2Lo kit
31x10.5 TrXus M/Ts
lots of pinstriping and body damage courtesy of the Naches Trail
lots of crap waiting to be installed
Fly fishing:worship: where is the good spots? In the Puget sound area.

My name is Karl.

I drive a red Jeep with little tires.

I like to play with my Jeep.

EDIT: whee.
DSC01683.jpg

fubar XJ said:
Hey, I'm Doug, live in Mill Creek. I've got a '91 with almost no mods thus far, but am building up a nice pile of parts in the garage. Got a set of 35" MTRs on black steelies, a pair of Trail Ready bumpers, a set of Kevin's Jeep Parts nerfs actually bolted on, an XJ D44 currently being built up with 4.88"s and an Ox by Avanteone at Auburn car repair, (Hi John) and a Clayton 6.5" Hardarm kit I just picked up last week. (Hi again, John) Plans include the Tom Woods SYE kit for the 242, matching 4.88"s and Ox for the D30, and a bunch of other stuff that will piss my wife off and alienate me from my children.

Looking forward to meeting you all at some point, hope to be wheeling the XJ by late Spring. I'm doing the buildup all at once, so it'll be another month or two collecting/building up parts, then a marathon install and break-in period.

Howdy, Doug. Glad you made it here. Your OX showed up today ;) hehehe

John

'bout damn time Robert. I see you didn't cut the fenders, they rubbin pretty bad? How's it workin out for ya?

hey All,

Andy, residing in Lake Stevens. Rig : 89 laredo, 5.5 , 34/10.50 tsl's, gonna hit the trails as soon as the work's all done...............
Me & the young'n are wanting to wheel, camp, shoot, etc. New to the area, up from central Oregon, hope to learn some trails/hunting areas?
hope to meet a bunch of you one o' these days.

Andy

P.S.
ever run a welded rear end?

Yea...
I'm Rick (yes, another Rick) from the SF bay region in California, 96 Country with 4.5" RE lift, ARBs front and rear, Dana 44 rear off of an old XJ, 32" BFG MTRs, lots of other stuff. I have been wheeling this for about 2 years, did some really challenging stuff in Death Valley last weekend with a local club--great fun!

cv4wheeler said:
Yea...
I'm Rick (yes, another Rick) from the SF bay region in California, 96 Country with 4.5" RE lift, ARBs front and rear, Dana 44 rear off of an old XJ, 32" BFG MTRs, lots of other stuff. I have been wheeling this for about 2 years, did some really challenging stuff in Death Valley last weekend with a local club--great fun!

Welcome Rick. Your welcome to wheel with us anytime, but I'll warn you its a hell of a drive from castro valley. you might check in with the Sierra or So Cal chapters they are a bit closer to home for you.

gobblywobblur said:
hope to learn some trails/hunting areas?
quote]

You are in a great place for the camping and hiking!! Hiway 92 runs up to Granite Falls and take a left out of town to the Mountain Loop Hiway where trails and camps abound. Hunting depends on what you are after. For vacation my family often camps on the coast one day and in the mountians the next. If you need any info PM me and I will share what I know. Welcome to the area and happy wheeling!

Kyle Petterson, I like long walks on the beach, talking about...wait. What's going on here?

Bought a 1989 Cherokee Laredo 4.0, AW4, 242, D30 and D35 non C, about 4 years ago. Building a Tuned-Port Chevrolet 350 w/ a 700R4 that's going to be dropped in by summer.

If you want any more info, feel free to ask.

Back