• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost my Dad...

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm posting this because Dad went on so many trips with me and many of you have met and hung out with him. Dad succumbed to congestive heart failure, he died peacefully at home last Fri. He was 85.

When I got my first Cherokee 20+ years ago Dad wanted to go with me on runs and trips, so he's been my wheeling and vacation buddy since then. I think he's been with me for all of our trips to Moab and most of our trips to Johnson Valley. He's been to all but the last KOH. He loved traveling and the outdoors and looked forward to our many trips. He would always ask me before a trip "Who's going to be there?". He remembered many of the friends we made wheeling. I'm really going to miss him.

If anyone who knew Dad is interested in joining us at services for him, the funeral is next Wed, Oct 29th at 11:00 am in Riverside at Immanuel Lutheran Church. There will be a reception after the service with lunch, then military ceremony at the Riverside National Cemetery. Anyone who would like to share memories of Dad are welcome.

Immanuel Lutheran Church
5545 Alessandro Blvd.
Riverside, CA 92506

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Sorry for your loss, Richard.
I enjoyed talking with him last year in Moab.

Richard,

The 10th of this Month was 4 years of the passing of my Dad.
You and I have been blessed to have great Dad's that not only we were close to but also have been great role models in our lives.

I'll assure you as the coming days months and years go by you will have all those great memories with your Dad you'll look back on and will have a even greater appreciation that you had him for a Dad, and for him having such a great Son.

Prayers out to the rest of your Family and friends whose life he has touched.

My condolences, Richard, to your and your family. I remember having a nice chat with your dad a couple of years ago at Goatfest. Cherish your memories.

David Bricker / SYR - YVR

Sorry for your loss. I lost my father several years ago for the same reasons.Your loss brings back memories......

I'm sorry for your loss, Richard. While I never had the pleasure of meeting your dad, it seems like he was a good guy.

Very sorry for your loss, Richard.

Fathers are special people. Sorry for your loss

Back