• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost Coast Run Sept 25 - 27

If you're coming from the Bay area (you're listed as San Mateo), the drive up to Eureka would be pointless, because you would have to turn back around.

Depending on which end of the trail the run begins, you'd be better off starting at Usal Beach, or starting in Garberville and ending up at Usal Beach.

Oh, I should update that. I live in Mckinleyville. I just moved up for school.

I too live in mckinleyville and would like to make it on this run, but i have to work sunday morning. If a few of us want to set up a eureka meeting point i would be interested.

srmitchell, i saw you the other day in the center of town by safeway, silver xj with oregon plates. skinny guy with glasses checking out your xj....

Mike

id love to go but i think the drive from sacto is like 5 hours each way so i figure the day i do lost coast ill take an entire weekend off, like fri thru mon or something, that is, unless the drive is shorter.

Opps, I feel like an idiot. I started this thread not realizing how far this is! I don't see how we can expect to run this trail AND leave Sat am. It would take us until 1 pm to just get there.

Maybe some re-thinking is in order?

As a local also, I'm all for it too. It is a fun scenic run, and I need to step away from some of my home projects.

I may have a couple of other friends that are into a day trip as well, but I'm definately in....

Well, the weekend of Sept 26th is approaching, and I'm still on for a day trip for Saturday the 26th, as I too have other commitments for Sunday I can't get out of.

Not sure what everyone's plans are, but it looks like the Eureka / Humboldt contengency is amiable to a day trip.

I like tgoff's idea of meeting at the Ray's Food Place parking lot in Garberville as meeting point and then going from there. It won't be hard to find as there is only one main street in Garberville, and it's only about 1/2 mile long....

How about meeting there at 8:30 am, chit chat for a while, and then head off to the trailhead? Who knows, maybe the others staying at Usal can run the trail heading north, and we're all bound to run into each other along the way....

Hopefully everyone will have a CB so that we can chat along the trail....

Just throwing some suggestions out...any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Sure i'm not sure how long it takes to get to garberville but i think its about 80 miles south of us. I'm working on making my upper control arms adjustable today, along with a few other needed item so hopefully i will be good to go for that run. I have to find a good alignment shop too, one that will actually know to adjust the upper arms. Anyone have a good suggestion. What was the name of that off road shop in arcata Sean?

Mike

Oh, Rock solid 4x4. They're cool guys but they don't give a shit about jeeps. Try going to that tetrault place in southern eureka. Thats where David (rexj) got his KM2's apparently.

Mike,

Garberville is about 1 hour 10 minutes from Eureka.

As far as an alignment recommendation, I take my Jeep to Expert Tire in Eureka (6th & H Street). They do a good job. They even know about LCA adjustment shims, if you need to bring your front end into specs. When I first bought my Jeep new, 10 years ago, I bought a life time alignment contract for about $129 or so. Free alignments for life, no maximum number of visits per year...I've more than recouped my investment over the years :)

Sounds like myself and Sean will be heading out from mckinleyville by 7:00 or so. And Ivan thanks for the recomendation, i have been having some strange wear issues that i attributed to a control arm mount welded slightly off, now that my uppers are adjustable along with the rest i hope someone can bring it back to spec. Thanks again guys and i look forward to meeting up with you all.

Mike

Mike / Sean,

How about I hook up with you guys in Eureka, and then we can caravan down to Garberville together? I could meet you guys at the "Park n Ride" lot, right off the Herrick off ramp (last Eureka off ramp, just past KMart); say around 7:20 or so... or whenever you pass through....

Ivan

Back