• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost Coast - Usal Trail Run - May 25th

Correction; Rock Creek Campground. Sites still available as of today.
1-800-444-PARKS Standish/Hickey SRA, Rock Creek Campground.

Lisa and I are headed up Friday morning. :wave:

We can leave whenever if you want to caravan up there. I will know this week if we are going or not. If we are we can just wait for you guys to pass by then jump in.

Keven...

I should be able to hook up for dinner at the Samoa Cookhouse on Saturday the 24th... just need to check the home calendar to make sure I don't have something else already planned.

The week before, I'll do another follow up post regarding headcount for the trailrun, meeting time and location, etc.

The rain is starting to somewhat let up (finally!). We got 11.25 " of rain in April (that's 20% of our YTD rain total). Out of the 30 days in April, 23 days had rain. If we don't get too much more rain and things dry out, the trail should be fun. I'm just a little concerned about one spot that could prove to be challenging... we'll see.

Ivan

Well, I'm off to Colorado next week but if I was around I'd join you guys up there again.
With the amount of rain that has fallen up there recently it's going to make that trail very interesting in a couple of places.
Better have the tow straps ready! :)
Have a fun time everyone.

Jes

Anybody got any links to some pics of this trail? I am trying to convince my wife to come along.

Sure had fun last year, not sure I can make it this year. IF I can get up on Sunday early enough, 8:30 AM in Garberville?
Tom

ZPD said:
Anybody got any links to some pics of this trail? I am trying to convince my wife to come along.

I'll try to find some pictures, I know at one time I found some on google. Also, if you go I have room at my camp site. They alow two vehicles.

muffler.jpg

Last edited:
XJCHUCK72 said:
I'll try to find some pictures, I know at one time I found some on google. Also, if you go I have room at my camp site. They alow two vehicles.

muffler.jpg

Thanks!

Chuck it looks like a longer drive than I remembered (about 90 miles each way). We might have to get together for dinner in Leggett or Fort Bragg. :dunno: We'll talk at the campground.

Back