• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for jeep guys in my area

chadd_raylee_389@h

NAXJA Forum User
i bought an xj about a month ago and i love it but i dont have anybody to go wheelin with. if there is anybody that would want to get together and go wheelin that is in the joplin missouri or pittsburg kansas area let me know

there a few of us kanas folk on here. I go to KS Rocks once in a while, it till be a while till I get the chance to go there but I am going to tuttle(in manhatten in a couple weeks)

I'm in Wichita. Towards the end of April is my B-day and the group I'm going with is heading out to KS Rocks. We haven't been there before, but usually go to Tuttle (near Manhattan). Send me a PM if you want me to keep you up to date on the trip, we can exchange emails and I can give you the website we put up for the calendar.

which areas are you asking? Tuttle is probably the closest to you I am guess which is in manhatten ks, and then maybe Disney OK. KSRocks is closer to the missouri bourder in fort scott KS I beleive. Havn't been to disney yet, but that is on my too wheel list. But I like tuttle over KSRocks, but thats me.

The Pittsburg and Joplin areas. I've been to Disney it was pretty crazy, didn't wheel my jeep though. I would really like to go to KS rocks park, I think it's the closest to me.

it really depends on the weather. I have been out there when dry and was able to make it up some black diamonds. But been out there in the snow and could't make it up some greens. But all the trails are marked just like skiing. It will give you an idea what to expect on the trails.

KsRocks is a great park to take the family too. They are always trying to make it better for guests and wheelers. The one downside that some people complain about it there is no alcohol allowed in the park. They have stuff that a stock KJ can do without banging a skid to something a hardcore tube buggy on 38's would have fun with. They have regular trail clean-up days to keep the trails clear and free of fallen debris. If you are interested in going I know that sometime in April the Brushbeaters will be down wheeling and you are more than welcome to come along.

Parakeet

i live in pittsburg. i have not went to ksrock in ft scott but i have friends that have been there. we around here just call it k-rock. i would like to go up there sometime. my b-day is april 20 and i would like to go up there and go riding on some trails. there is also a place west of seneca missouri in oklahoma that is called d-day. it is a place that i would like to go and they do allow alcohol so that is cool but if anybody would like to get together and go on some trail rides let me know.

chadd_raylee_389@h said:
i live in pittsburg. i have not went to ksrock in ft scott but i have friends that have been there. we around here just call it k-rock. i would like to go up there sometime. my b-day is april 20 and i would like to go up there and go riding on some trails. there is also a place west of seneca missouri in oklahoma that is called d-day. it is a place that i would like to go and they do allow alcohol so that is cool but if anybody would like to get together and go on some trail rides let me know.

i like to drink, but that is for after when I am camping. Not while I drive my jeep.

I want to go to seymore sometime this summer but not sure when I will get the chance.

I'm a new jeep owner but I live a few hours away up in St. Louis. I had a white '91 but totaled it and just a few days ago bought a green '95.

i live in wichita...in the air force...

there are 4 of us in my shop that have jeeps and are always looking for new places to wheel....we actually have several trips we are wanting to take this summer to include kansas rocks and tutlle.

i will keep you all informed on when and where we are and maybe you can travel there with us or meet us there...and probably make fun of my jeep..haha..most people do thats alright though

there arent alot of "legal" places to wheel around w ichita...there are some...and some people know about them but they arent talking to say where these places are cause i think they are afraid of idiots gettin out on thier favorite wheeling spots and destoying them and then ultimatly being banned from them...

well i went up to kansas rocks a couple of weeks ago. i put a hole in my gas tank on the trails that they said where good trails for stock vehicles. i figured that my xj wouldnt do to bad. its got stock suspention with 31x10.50. and yet i put a hole in my gas tank. looks like its time for a steel skid plate instead of that janky plastic piece of shit that they put on at the factory

Back