• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an XJ/MJ or cheep 4x4

Letterman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got a old beater that runs?
I am looking for a cheep rig, needs to have 4wd and run, but I don't care about body or how it looks.

thanks
David

PS, now that it is gone can we post up stuff for sale in the Chapter to try to sell localy? (I can understand we don't want this place to trun into a for sale section, but I think most people here can keep it so it does not get out of hand, or maybe just one thread?)

Letterman said:
post up stuff for sale in the Chapter to try to sell localy? (I can understand we don't want this place to trun into a for sale section, but I think most people here can keep it so it does not get out of hand, or maybe just one thread?)

Great Idea.

Letterman said:
Anyone got a old beater that runs?
I am looking for a cheep rig, needs to have 4wd and run, but I don't care about body or how it looks.

thanks
David

PS, now that it is gone can we post up stuff for sale in the Chapter to try to sell localy? (I can understand we don't want this place to trun into a for sale section, but I think most people here can keep it so it does not get out of hand, or maybe just one thread?)

How about registration?

I have an XJ that I'm pulling the interrior from, but otherwise runs great (just needs a front fender and a new steering box and hoses - I'll throw in a leaky box for free!). I bought it from a kid at church, whose dad bought it from a car donation place. It hasn't been registered since 2004, but I have the pink slip from the original owner who donated it.

Anyway - $50 and it's yours. I can have it ready this weekend if you're interested.

Eric

Oh, and as far as being able to post for sale items in the SC, I'm all for it now that some issues have been resolved. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, I think it's also another good way for people to meet each other.

Well since it was brought up. There have been some talks about relaxing the rules, but that hasn't happend yet. The rule against selling items in this chapter still stands, for now.

Capt. Nemo said:
How about registration?

I have an XJ that I'm pulling the interrior from, but otherwise runs great (just needs a front fender and a new steering box and hoses - I'll throw in a leaky box for free!). I bought it from a kid at church, whose dad bought it from a car donation place. It hasn't been registered since 2004, but I have the pink slip from the original owner who donated it.

Anyway - $50 and it's yours. I can have it ready this weekend if you're interested.

Eric

Oh, and as far as being able to post for sale items in the SC, I'm all for it now that some issues have been resolved. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, I think it's also another good way for people to meet each other.

I will take it from you Eric, any time this week (after work maybe?)
Thanks!

Bryan C. said:
Well since it was brought up. There have been some talks about relaxing the rules, but that hasn't happend yet. The rule against selling items in this chapter still stands, for now.

Understood. :)

1990 Jeep Commanche
AW4 Trans
Dana 300
Dana 44 Front 5.38 Gears, lockright locker Bulletproof steering setup built by Samco Fabrication
12 Bolt rear 5.38's and welded, extra 12 bolt with purchase
Custom Tube Bed
Boxed rockers
Interior has been bedlined
37x12.5 MT/rs grooved by Samco
The top of the bed has been covered with carpet.
Price....$4000

The truck has never left me stranded, the motor is in good shape (brand new shortblock within the last 20,000 miles). Daily driven for the last 12 Months Needs a few details completed (heater doesn't work, needs shocks, OBA needs to be wired, other little misc. things) and you will have a good wheeler. I want to finish this, but don't have the time to work on it with school coming up. Hit me up with a PM for more details.

P9120028.jpg

P9120029.jpg

P9120032.jpg

P9120031.jpg

David, nice rig but sorry $700 is the limit on the budget we can spend on a rig, would you take $700? :laugh3: :wierd:

Wasn't commenting on the rig. We had a BRT incident.

CRASH said:
Wasn't commenting on the rig. We had a BRT incident.
neither was i... so i guess i'm still with :wstupid: :twak: :kissyou: :cheers:

With big thanks to Eric (Capt. Nemo) I am again a owner of an XJ!!!!

47b6df08b3127cce977fde18e89d00000016108IasWTVu5aE

Thanks again Eric, and if you ever need any welding done, or you want to borrow my tube bender let me know!

Letterman said:
With big thanks to Eric (Capt. Nemo) I am again a owner of an XJ!!!!

47b6df08b3127cce977fde18e89d00000016108IasWTVu5aE

Thanks again Eric, and if you ever need any welding done, or you want to borrow my tube bender let me know!

Nice! She's a beauty. :wierd:

Bryan C. said:
Nice! She's a beauty. :wierd:

Heh, heh... it's what's on the inside that counts - wait, that's just as bad!!!???

You're very welcome, Dave. The neighbors thanks you for freeing up a prime streetside parking place. Let the fun begin!!!

I need some stuff, mostly I need a front Drive shaft if anyone has one for cheep or better yet for FREE, Please hook me up! I could also use a drivers side fender if anyone has one that is beat up and they don't want anything for it.
Last I need tires, but I am willing to pay for some tires and rims, PM me if you got some with just ok tread 33's or bigger.

David

Back