• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look what followed me home the other day.

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
'91 MJ sportruck, 2wd, ax15, doesnt run, $400. score!
sorry about the big pics.
img0042cd.jpg

img0043qz.jpg

img0044pi.jpg

img0045w.jpg

img0046az.jpg

124122988_120d03cc14.jpg

nice find :D I picked up my MJ for 500, it was not running as well. a weekend of work made it my daily driver for 7 months until I had to trade it for a car I could fit my kids in. I wish they made extracab MJs :(

i plan on making this one a daily driver too. gonna put on 97+ front clip, a small lift, an explorer 8.8, 31"s and a paint job. thats after i get it running of course. i bet all it needs is a battery and itll be good to go. we'll see tomorrow. i finally have a manual jeep. cant wait. ive owned 3 XJs and theyve all been aw4's. ive never even driven a manual jeep before.

Use the 3rd world driving technique:
Two hands, one foot.
Steering wheel, gas pedal, and the horn.

Nice!

GrimmJeeper, that doesn't look like rust to me :spin1: that looks like light surface oxidation... not even close to the same thing! My bedsides are rusted all the way through where the rust stains on that one are. A little rustoleum and it'll be good to go.

Picked my 91 up in running (but not stopping) condition. 800 bucks, 2wd shortbed Eliminator, automatic, custom weight reduction courtesy of the massachusetts department of public works salt trucks.

Nice find, its in better shape than the one I picked up a while back. Did the U-Haul place give you any crap about pulling your MJ with an XJ? I looked at doing that but their website said they wouldn't rent it to me with that combination.

Nice!

GrimmJeeper, that doesn't look like rust to me :spin1: that looks like light surface oxidation... not even close to the same thing! My bedsides are rusted all the way through where the rust stains on that one are. A little rustoleum and it'll be good to go.
My MJ had 220k on the clock and one spot of surface rust where the paint had been rubbed through on the side of the bed. the paint was ruined but it held up well. It was a little old man's commuter from vegas to bakersfield and back every day. It was probably only rained on a few dozen times its whole life and never came any closer than that to water or salt :D

Nice find, its in better shape than the one I picked up a while back. Did the U-Haul place give you any crap about pulling your MJ with an XJ? I looked at doing that but their website said they wouldn't rent it to me with that combination.
i told them i was going to be towing a civic and they told me the computer wouldnt let them do it. i was nice to the lady behind the desk and she lied to the computer and said i had a grand cherokee.

Back