• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer bumpstops for the rear.

Sure

I wanted to build it so I could sleep underneath it when I go camping. I'm only 5'9" and my girlfriend is 5'0" so we fit snuggly under there and I still have a back seat. It will tie into a cage whenever I get time and money to do that. But for now this will suffice and the mounts are holding up fine with no cracks. I'll be adding a tire carrier that bolts in/out to the center of the hoop with a bar that comes down to the body by the hatch soon. I used wetsuite material to waterproof the holes for the shocks to keep the elements outside. Works flawlessly.

l4fd63c372fd11f137c07e3em0.jpg

Shot at 2007-12-18

Last edited:
Sure

I wanted to build it so I could sleep underneath it when I go camping. I'm only 5'9" and my girlfriend is 5'0" so we fit snuggly under there and I still have a back seat. It will tie into a cage whenever I get time and money to do that. But for now this will suffice and the mounts are holding up fine with no cracks. I'll be adding a tire carrier that bolts in/out to the center of the hoop with a bar that comes down to the body by the hatch soon. I used wetsuite material to waterproof the holes for the shocks to keep the elements outside. Works flawlessly.

l4fd63c372fd11f137c07e3em0.jpg

Shot at 2007-12-18
Awesome, and it's jut plate welded to the floor?

Well if you look real hard in the pic on the left side you can see another plate welded to the corner panel on top and to the plate the hoop is welded to on the bottom. This helped to distribute the load a little beyond just the fender along with the kicker bars. Those are notched and welded to the corner of a piece of 6” long angle steel that was welded to the corner of the fender and floor.

Well if you look real hard in the pic on the left side you can see another plate welded to the corner panel on top and to the plate the hoop is welded to on the bottom. This helped to distribute the load a little beyond just the fender along with the kicker bars. Those are notched and welded to the corner of a piece of 6” long angle steel that was welded to the corner of the fender and floor.
Ohhhh ok yea I see it. Nice! I've been looking at ideas for mounting a shock hoop, and like that yours is double sheer.

Welding to cast is a LOOOOONG and involved process. Definitely can't be done with all the gears and axles still inside the pumpkin. It'd have to be a shell to be able to weld to the cast.

This is not correct, the carrier must be in place during the time of the weld to the diff or the bearings may not seat properly. I just left the stock gears and carrier inside and when the trussing was done put in a new gearset, locker, and seals. :)

This is how my TNT truss was welded to the diff.

141mlbb.jpg

Back