• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms... too long?

It's not worth arguing with Cowboy Mark or his Goat friend.

I think next BOTW should be Farmington. The vertical ledges there are infamous, and will leave all the arm-length-challenged boys struggling at the bottom.

CRASH

CRASH said:
It's not worth arguing with Cowboy Mark or his Goat friend.

I think next BOTW should be Farmington. The vertical ledges there are infamous, and will leave all the arm-length-challenged boys struggling at the bottom.

CRASH

I think we need different trail leaders. How come the mid-arm guys always lead..........

:D :D

Goatman said:
I think we need different trail leaders. How come the mid-arm guys always lead..........

:D :D

So the long arm guys following can pull them backwards and out of the way when they are stuck. :laugh3:

CRASH

I am running 6" lift, 33" tires, and Claytons long arm set up. Yes, they hang pretty low, but I have run trails in Tellico, Colorado, and Moab totalling about 10 fairly serious to really serious trails and have only been hung up on the mounts 1 time. That was 21 road in southern Colorado, and thanks to Jes and Crash, I didn't need a strap or winch to get me off...hehehe. My suspension work really well and I am very happy with this set up. Now, if you run lots of vertical ledges, you need to have limiting straps to prevent the front end from unloading, but so does Richard with his mid arm and I believe it would also help guys with RE drops. I have limited mine to drop only 4" in the center and have walked many verticals that maybe a little XJ should not have.
YMMV,
Crunch

Back