• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arms and upper control arms.

:)

Last edited:
Before you proceed to hacking, you need to do some more research and do a few scale drawings. Your 5link drawing isn't a representation of what you plan to do.

#1 the scale is way off, compare the UCA length to the distance between the axle mount locations.

#2 the UCA mounting location vs. the LCA mounting locations are not accurate. If the UCA is mounted below the frame in the stock LCA location and the new LCA is mounted above the frame on the x-member, then the drawing is way off.

#3 the UCAs will mount under the frame & the LCAs will mount inside the framerail on the x-member. This could lead to some contact issues during flex.

Basically the drawing doesn't represent your idea at all. Needs some work.

#1 the scale is way off, compare the UCA length to the distance between the axle mount locations.

15-17inches depending on finalized UCA bracket location 15" in the drawing. I chose 15" to be consevative to be sure the lowers dont contact the uppers. All lengths are taken form my XJ with a tape measurer and divided by 4. (1/4 scale) There is no hacking to be done my LCA mounts are alredy gone for the Rockkrawler long arms I currently have on the jeep.

#2 the UCA mounting location vs. the LCA mounting locations are not accurate. If the UCA is mounted below the frame in the stock LCA location and the new LCA is mounted above the frame on the x-member, then the drawing is way off.

The LCA mount is below the frame just forward of the stock crossmember. RK LA kit.

#3 the UCAs will mount under the frame & the LCAs will mount inside the framerail on the x-member. This could lead to some contact issues during flex.

again the LCAs are below the frame rail just forward of the stock crossmember. I guess I'm not good at describing things.

Back