• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm question (TNT .... Rock Krawler PLUS system)

98XJROKS said:
Okay, tell us more...What did you do to tweak your shocks and bumpstops in order to dial them in to your satisfaction?
The kit comes with bump stop extensions to be used in conjunction with your stock bumpstops. I was running 3" of lift before hand and had stops for the amount of lift and the 33" tires i was running. Every dip and speed bump i hit i would make contact with the stops. swapped the stockers in and it was a huge improvement. It took awhile for me to figure that one out wich is in no way the kits fault just sharing from my expeirence. As far as my shock issue goes i could not settle on a set that fit both the way i wanted the suspension to perform and the ride i wanted. I needed a long travel shock so the suspension could work and a shock that was squishy yet firm for the kind of ride i like(if that even makes sence) and lastly one to fit my budget. I ran the FT shocks with the kit wich were nice but i wanted more travel,pro comp es3000 wich were cheap and the length i wanted but offered a nasty ride. I finally decided i would try some of rustys shocks despite the bad reviews and was amazed that it gave me everything i wanted. So these are all user error and personal prefferance related issues and should be taken lightly. My dd see's mostly rock on the weekends and have never had a problem tackling all the trails I have done since the install, and it gets flogged hard.Now im sure anyother brand of LA can say the same thing about performance so it all comes down to personal preference. I say if its a daily driven rig who likes to play in most terrain and have a reliable,solid, and flexy suspension its a great candidate.

Thanks 89xj...your explaination as it pertains to the ride quality helps me with a long awaited decision. My cherokee has been a dd for my wife, ride quality and handling is an issue...

I'm not sure it exists but what I'm really after in a lift is one that offers a cadillac ride with nice flex.

BrettM said:
It won't matter on the interstate. They both have good angles so they will take bumps well. The difference is that the FT is a 4 link versus a radius arm, so it will have better caster through suspension travel, but you won't get enough suspension travel on the interstate to notice.

The FT will do rocks just fine, except the worse ground clearance. Capt. Nemo on the board here recently sold his FT kit in order to put on the TnT, mainly because of the better clearance since he wheels trails like the Rubicon.
One of the threads after Nemo's change.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81442

My goodness people.. Look at the site, the link takes you directly to RK's website.. If you want to get an actual quote give him a call..

-OR- Better yet, paypal me $450.00 and i'll get one shipped out to you.... just kidding!

98XJ, honestly if ride quality is that important to you then you probably dont need to lift the jeep... I mean OME stuff is pretty soft but anytime you add different leaf springs to your jeep to add height the ride is going to get worse...

Go and buy some really soft leaf springs and wheel it for a weekend and they will be shot.

So, you have to decide what you want to do. Accept an OK ride and wheel your jeep or sell it and pick up a new FJ or something similar as a DD...

And just so you know just about all the "white" shocks (Pro Crap, Rusty's, BDS, etc.) are the same thing so saying the ProComp shocks are worse than the Rusty's or vice-versa is like comparing apples to apples..

If you want some soft shocks go with Old Man Emu or custom valved Fox's or similar. BUT a soft shock isn't going to do much for the ride on a stiff spring. But a soft spring will wear out much quicker... SO see what im trying to say..

Well i'm back. Sorry, I was detained on honey does before I unleashed the long arm to the chick jeep...

Yes the arms are curved. They seem to allow more clearence for the tires with stock wheels. I have off set rims so I will not benift from this. But as far as looks and the constuction it's awsome. Will give you my 2 cents after it is installed.
My project will start tonight.....

I got mine from Tellico4x4.com listed $420.00 got the invoice for $387.00 Sweeet!

No!!! Same mounting hardware. Under the frame rail. They bolt in under the crossmember and 1 1/2 weld to complete the mount. I will take some pics. of it tonight.

With some mods I think this can become the same style as TNT. just my thought

Back