• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Llama Build- Slowly....

Bleh. Got a front end clunk that I can't find. Ball joints test good, tie rods seem ok. Only thing I can see even remotely off is control arm bushings. But they look centered in the axle mounts. Any other places I should look?

Bleh. Got a front end clunk that I can't find. Ball joints test good, tie rods seem ok. Only thing I can see even remotely off is control arm bushings. But they look centered in the axle mounts. Any other places I should look?

Looks tight and is tight are two different things. Think a 30 year old male would know that by now...

Nut at crossmember on the long arms was finger tight. Looks like Saturday may be a retorque day.

Passed smog, good for two more years. Up next:

Water pump, thermostat, and flush coolant afterwards.
Keep an eye out for a used arb compressor
Reattach sway bar with disconnects
Blow stuff up Saturday.

I might know a guy selling a compressor. Don , on here. maybe. I am not sure if he wants to sell.

Maintainence weekend:

Coolant flush
Water pump
Thermostat
Vacuum that damn thing.
Order sway bar disconnect parts
Order arb pump and solenoid (hopefully before SF)
Drink

What's a good water pump/thermostat to go with that's available at napa/autozone ?

If I'm feeling extra motivated, might install a stereo.

Last edited:
Not a thing going on jeep wise. Been busy with work. Though I did learn how to weld a bit over the weekend. Probably be buying a small mig setup to do little stuff. Like a roof rack.

Been busy with work the last few months. Jeeps running well enough though it seems to be overcharging according to voltage I see on the dash. Can't find my voltmeter, probably take it to autozone and have them hookup theirs. It's a new alt, less than a month old.

had a blast at holister hills last week. Plans for winter while I'm off:

Getting around to picking OBA and arb hookup.
Having a friend help me get some sort of metal flare welded up front and rear
Headliner repair
Deep clean the interior.

I wish mine would over charge! I get like 12-13v on the dash. It drops hard if i turn on my head lights and heater at the same time. Lmao

New tires getting picked up today, going with KO2s. Considered runnings MTR with Kevlar but I see far too much pavement and have read good things about them as an overall tire. Jeep was almost stolen in January, still haven't replaced the steering column but I have it rigged to start by other means currently. I never really had downtime this year at work so upgrades and maintenance has been lagging.

Current list:
Brakes
Steering Column
headliner
saving for a plane ticket to Norway

Whats the picture for ?

Back