• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting My XJ

If you want a cheap, durable kit go with the standard Rough country 4.5" kit with the rear spring packs. I think they are going for about $450 on Ebay. Look in 4Wheeler mag for factory direct pricing. It's a great entry level kit. I upgraded mine after about 2 years with a Teraflex Longarm upgrade kit ($450) and 1.5" of blocks. With 4.5" you can run 33's with 8" wide rims, but the tires will rub. If so, just move up the stock flares 2" and bend/cut the fenders back about 1-1.5" and bolt the flares back on. This works great.

A word of warning about Rough Country, they used to be fairly stiff riding, but I have heard that may have changed. They changed spring suppliers.

Oh, and going from 4.5" to 6" is like opening up a can of worms. You end up having to modify many more things than you originally planned on.

That's just my 2cents, I hope it helps.

here's a pic

jeepclean1.jpg

Before cut flares 6"

Moab1.jpg

After cut flares 6"

Beachmonkey6 said:
Ive been steared away from gettin things at Rusty's. But thank you.

Why have you been steered away from Rusty's? I have done 4 Rusty's lifts and all were good quality and 3 have lasted for years. The oldest one is about 6 years and the newest is 2 months (on my 89XJ).

mrbill3 said:
Why have you been steered away from Rusty's? I have done 4 Rusty's lifts and all were good quality and 3 have lasted for years. The oldest one is about 6 years and the newest is 2 months (on my 89XJ).
Hasta

Back