• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted my XJ, steering question...

Twistedimg

NAXJA Forum User
Well, installed my RE 4.5" kit last Thursday and I've been out of town since. I have pics but to make a long story short, I'm on my backup comp right now with no mem card reader because my main comp is doing a lengthy scan to try and rid it of some nasty spyware/malaware it has. Google "nailer.exe" and you'll see what I mean. At any rate, it looks tough as hell, will post pics tommorrow when I get to work.

All in all it took 5 hours to lift it and that was working at a liesurely pace. And an hour of it was me deciding I was going to figure out how to mount/balance tires. I've always wanted to play with the tire machine so I mounted my 33's myself.

I did an alignment tonight on the front end and I think I got it pretty close. I actually left it with just a hair of toe in like I normally do. I always do my own alignments as it seems I have better luck with a tape measure than most shops do with lasers.

But my main question has to do with the fact my steering wheel is nearly upside down. What is the normal way to correct this? I seen the coupler type of thing on the steering arm but wasn't sure if extending that was dangerous or what. Can I just pop the pitman arm off and index it or is it not splined? I wasn't sure what was the correct way to do it so I left it for now. It only really bothers me because it covers my gauges.

Search function is your friend... at any rate here is XJRanger's writeup. Enjoy. HTH

XJRanger's Link

Back