• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Installation PROBLEMS

JKS discos are about $120 which are the best. There are others for cheaper, but they are harder to reconnect. I believe that my old ones were Skyjacker ($80), but they were too much of a PITA to reconnect by yourself so I upgraded.

Cherokeekid88 said:
ok so how much does a set of sway bar discos cost?
Just go to the JY & get another link. They might even give it to ya. JIM.

My endlink broke the same way yours did. I went the JKS Disco route which is a direct bolt in and EASY. If cash is a concern you can get a new endlink at the dealer probably for not too much or go to the junkyard. In either case DO NOT drive with your anti-sway bar disconnected. Your Jeep will feel the same until you get yourself into a situation where you have to do a quick emergency maneuver. At that point you will be jeopardizing the safety of yourself and others.

I'm a believer in anti-sway bars and in fact did an upgrade on my ZJ which now hugs the road. Having done the upgrade, the stock bars I believe are just adequate. Good Luck.

Last edited:
You can buy those links for $21.00 or so new. You don't have to buy disconects if your budget is tight. I did my 2 inch BB without unhooking the track bar or the lowercontrol arms. The Spring compressors i used you could put two of them on. The trick is take off both shocks and unhook one swaybar link. Put a jack under one side of the axle and jack it up so the jeep is almost leaving the jackstands. Now put on your spring compessors and tighten snug. Relase the jack and the spring should come out. To get all of the way out and in use a flat pry bar like mentioned earlier. The front took mabie a afternoon. Our jeeps have great articulation use it to your benifit.

ok we got the front and everything done, and now we are working on the rear, and we are running into some problems again. we are unbolting the shocks from the bottom and they will not slide off... do you have to unbolt them from the top as well? not using new shocks just trying to drop the axle. the rustys instructions arent helping at all, and all my buddies are gettin pissed, so i dont want nothing else broken. we just need to get those damn shocks off, and get that axle lowered and get the new leaf in.

Cherokeekid88 said:
ok we got the front and everything done, and now we are working on the rear, and we are running into some problems again. we are unbolting the shocks from the bottom and they will not slide off... do you have to unbolt them from the top as well? not using new shocks just trying to drop the axle. the rustys instructions arent helping at all, and all my buddies are gettin pissed, so i dont want nothing else broken. we just need to get those damn shocks off, and get that axle lowered and get the new leaf in.

if you got the nut off, use a crow bar and they will slide off. no need to remoe the top.

ya chances are if you remove the top nutts you'll end up snapping 3 out of the 4.

it happened to me when i did my lift.

FINALLY DONE! WOOOOPEEEE!!! got everything together, bolted it all back up and looking good. as far as the sway bar links go... i went up to napa and just got a new kit for 50 bucks, so ill be installing that tomorrow morning, so hopefully ill have it looking good for christmas, just want to thank everyone who helped me out, and gave me the info i needed to get this PITA done, but in the end it was all worth the cussing, and breaking, and throwing, and bleeding, because now i have a bad ass looking jeep that im proud of. so thanks to everyone.

If you disconnect your track bar when doing the front, disconnect your shocks, and sway bar, your springs will almost fall out. The trick is when you go to reconnect the track bar you have to let the jeep back down on the ground and have someone slowly turn the wheel until the holes line up. That is the easiest way I have found. Last puck lift I did was on a TJ and it took two of us about 2.5 hrs. to do the whole thing.

I used a 1" peice of pipe, slid it under the spring and over the perch, pryed it up as far as I could, and kicked it down the pipe and into place. It flew out a few times but it really does work!

Back