• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift block warning

It would seem that this would also be an issue for those who use the UBE from TNT at least from the leverage point of view. Anyone using the UBE's have these issues?

I have .5" UBEs.

I do have a bit of spring wrap, but no other damage to report of. Been running them over a year.

just to be devils advocate, it depends on the stiffness of the spring packs. stock springs bend like wet noodles, but most aftermarket lift springs are stiffer and arched which will help with axle wrap. generally, a lift spring can handle up to a 1.5" steel block without major spring wrap.

I see a lot of lifted bro-dude-man pickups around town... most of em you can see 3 to 6 inch blocks proudly displayed :roflmao: along with the obligatory massive stacks in the bed instead of normal tailpipes.

Personal experience...
Went to the local spring rebuilder/suspension shop to get bolts for my 8.8 swap. Asked for longer U-bolts than I figured I'd need to make sure I'd have enough.
Counter Guy: "why so long bolts? you have any lift blocks in there?"
Me: "oh hell no, not a fan of spring wrap"
Counter Guy: "... good, keep it that way. You probably don't need bolts that long, did you drive it here? Let's check how long they really need to be"

If the pros disapprove... well, they probably have even more reasons than I do.

The sad thing is that you posted this and there are gonna be plenty of people who still put blocks on their Jeeps to get a Cheap couple inches and they will run into the same thing you did! :doh:

The sad thing is that you posted this and there are gonna be plenty of people who still put blocks on their Jeeps to get a Cheap couple inches and they will run into the same thing you did! :doh:

yeah - i realize there are plenty of threads with this kind of advice in it.
what seemed to be lacking (at least to me) was cold hard evidence.
i figured some of my carnage pics would help people visualize...

..at least Jes finally gets it now.

; )

Back