• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's see your guns!

Here's my arsenal:

Walther P99 9mm
P7090003.jpg

P7090001.jpg

DSA SA58 Para 7.62 NATO
PB060002.jpg

Mossberg 590 12ga.
PB060004.jpg

Custom Ruger 10/22
PB060005.jpg

Custom Mauser K98 .30-.338 Win Mag
PB060008.jpg

Huglu custom 12ga.
PB060012.jpg

Franchi Featherweight 20ga.
PB060013.jpg

Remington 870s 20ga & 12ga.
PB060015.jpg

Walther P99
p99.jpg

Also have a camo 12ga 3.5"mag Benelli Super Black Eagle

what is it with you guys and getting your toes in the pictures?

LilRedRover said:
what is it with you guys and getting your toes in the pictures?
Its good to have a record of them so they can remember what they look like after they accidentally shoot them off...

:D

Anyway...

Handguns should be banned...

for those of you with the XD 45-

how is it to conceal. any harder than an other large frame pistol?

hows the recoil?- my wife WILL have to shoot it if only to familiarize herself with it.

hows the weight? i dont want my pants to sag down at one side.

availablity of holsters? good bad or fair?

any problems thus far- feeding, cycling, drawing etc?

im thinking the XD 45 may be my next carry weapon within a year or two. something with a bit more stopping power than a 9mm and still able to carry a decent ammount of ammo.

Just one of the many but probally the prettiest...

Delta Elite
Delta1 (Medium).jpg
Delta2 (Medium).jpg

AR-10 Built for friend: Shown with Raptor Gen 3 Night Vision
AR-10.JPG

My older Spingfield .45 being water submerge tested...

SPRINGH202 (Medium).JPG

SPRINGH201 (Medium).JPG

SPRINGH203 (Medium).JPG

Springg1.jpg

And there are more but I have to go...Guess it isn't fair since I owned a Gun Shop.

GPK

Stewie,
My XD is the Tactical model (5inch barrel). I didn't really buy it for concealed carry. So far it has fed ammo perfectly. No problems yet, but I've also only used ball ammo so far. As far as weight goes, It is pretty light compared to my govt model 1911. Of course when loaded with 14 rounds it gets heavier. I enjoy shooting it, but since it is a light weight .45 the perceived recoil (to me) is more than my 1911. I like the weight of my 1911 it helps tame some of that recoil. Really with the XD, it's not bad it's just a little more noticable than my 1911, especially during rapid fire.
I don't think it's too heavy or large to carry consealed though. I'm sure the smaller frame variants will be easy to conceal. I'm not sure about holster availability. This is mine:
XDHolster.jpg

I picked this up from TAPCO. Bought this becase it will hold the gun with or without the light under the barrel.

Beej said:
Anyway...

Handguns should be banned...

I guess everybody is tired. I'm suprised you can't get anyone to play with you.

Dirt Surfer said:
I guess everybody is tired. I'm suprised you can't get anyone to play with you.

He's probably right, they should be banned in Canada. Then all our thugs will head that way for the easy meat.

stewie said:
for those of you with the XD 45-

how is it to conceal. any harder than an other large frame pistol?

hows the recoil?- my wife WILL have to shoot it if only to familiarize herself with it.

hows the weight? i dont want my pants to sag down at one side.

availablity of holsters? good bad or fair?

any problems thus far- feeding, cycling, drawing etc?

im thinking the XD 45 may be my next carry weapon within a year or two. something with a bit more stopping power than a 9mm and still able to carry a decent ammount of ammo.
I carry .40 SC and based on that one I think that the part that's probably going to be worst to conceal is the grip. What I am eyeing right now is the newest XD http://springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-compact.shtml I talked with somene who shot one and he said the grip is perfect comfort wise and the shortened grip makes it also extremely easy for concealment.

Anyways, holsters.... look into crossbread and and c-tac (if you're looking for IWB). And sagging the pants... the key is a good belt. That makes or breaks the holster (kind of like an antenna makes or breaks the CB radio reception).

Kejtar said:
Anyways, holsters.... look into crossbread and and c-tac (if you're looking for IWB). And sagging the pants... the key is a good belt. That makes or breaks the holster (kind of like an antenna makes or breaks the CB radio reception).

Just picked up a comp-tac for my ruger from another guys recommendation. Awesome IWB holster, worth every penny.

RedHeapOjeep said:
Just picked up a comp-tac for my ruger from another guys recommendation. Awesome IWB holster, worth every penny.

Get some leather or what I think is called moleskin and glue it to the back of the holster so that the grip and tail of the gun does not dig directly into your body (unless you're wearing an undershirt).

Kejtar said:
LOL..... lemme know when you get it... we're gonna have to go shooting again ;)

Did the paperwork on the 26. These are the longest 10 days of your life.

I'll be ready to go to the range after the JV weekend.

ECKSJAY said:
Waiting period? What's that? :D
X2!

This is one of my favorite conversations.

"Ok...I would like to buy this one"

"You have your concealed carry permit?"

"yep"

"ok fill this out and lemme make a call......Ok call made here is your new gun and have a nice day."

Back