• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LEO help needed VIN inspection

It doesn't have any other vins on it other than the correct one. The lack of vin on the dash is what set them off I guess.

If its a clean title then he should just be able to get a "vin verification" done at the etest facility for like $20. Just an inspector signing off on the fact the vin on the body matches the title. This is for vehicles previously not registered in colorado to verify the vin matches.

If its a salvage title then it needs the "certified vin inspection" done. This is not needed if the title is a clean title.

This is the form:
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DR2704.pdf

Emission placed will do vin inspection as well. When I got my CJ5 signed over from New Mexico they dident even look at anything besides the vin not a problem. Hell my buggy even got a vin inspection. My vin tag is just bolted to the dash and clearly does not look like a CJ3 lol. Looks more like a liberty lol. But it did cost me some money to have it done. I can possible help your buggy get it to pass, but will cost him some money.

He got in touch with me last week and said the 20th place he went to was able to do it for him. Said a family friends ls shop or something like that.

Back