• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf shackle brackets

jeepxj2007

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, i can understand how to fix this if it broke off from rust, etc, on a framed vehicle, but how would you do it with an xj?...since it is a unibody and connects to that semi frame rail and the floor boards, my floor boards are still pretty solid, but behidn the bracket on the wheel wells there is a rotten spot, some surface rust, but the frame rails are still very solid with no rust as are the brackets, it is like this on both sides, how would you fix this if it broke off?....is it likely to break off?...does the frame rails take most of the stress?.....if it did is my jeep trashed...this is an 89' body, but not too much rust since it was undercoated but salt winters have gave this thing heck....and it started to show it here.....i cut out the rust, so it would quit spreading, sprayed on rust convert, and undercoating over the spots i cut, what the heck is that carpeting stuff in there?...is it like a heat sheild or somethign?....thanks for any advice and comments!

could you post a link...i tried searching, had no luck tried searching using his username as the keyword and got 500 pages of his posts !!!!....lol....I'm not real sure what I'm using for keywords to search with so if someone had a link that would be very nice and just make my night....thanks!

Back