• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Lawerence Welk" area--Legal to offroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture of my rig? Ummm ... OK

9274941311_ddd3a150d9.jpg

No big deal but the other poster had already accused me of being a narc, or maybe a cop, the very first time I put up an innocent post -- he wasn't the only one BTW. When I logged back on weeks later and laughed, not even one of them had the friendliness to laugh alongside me. (I'm an engineer.)

What with the level of discourse on this forum I guess everyone should have a thick skin. I've seen more than one mild insult in this stream.

That's a clean rig, I can see why you wouldn't want to attempt a trail or line that could put you on your side.

It's pretty much fair game around here with the trash talking. It's a give and take type of thing.

Vanimal knows those trails quite well, and if you are up there wheeling around solo, there's a chance you might need a tug a time or two. Vanimal is known to go out of his way to help fellow club members that get stuck up there.

Keep checking in on the forum and keep an eye out for runs that we do out there. Join a run and have fun watching what some of our grocery getters can do, you might be surprised.

We don't hate Non-XJ owners or anything like that, just expect to get picked on more now. Nice looking Jeep BTW

That's a clean rig, I can see why you wouldn't want to attempt a trail or line that could put you on your side.

We don't hate Non-XJ owners or anything like that, just expect to get picked on more now. Nice looking Jeep BTW

Well looks there are some gentlefolk on this forum. And since I'm a JK owner I guess that makes my rig the bastard stepchild of the XJs here. Kinda like the jug-eared, buck-toothed, eye-protuding relative you hide behind the barn whenever company comes.

It's a 2007 and it's not as clean as it looks. Bought it used in '10 and have slowly been upgrading it when $$ are available and the better half allows. Tons of pinstriping and some major dings underneath and on the p-ssy stock bumpers ... just destroyed the steering stabilizer while out two weekends ago in the San Jacinto Mtns.

And yes, I guess I'm new enough to this to never want to roll it, at least for now.

The spot in question would require, by my estimate, a vehicle driving off-camber at ~ 45 degrees for 10-15 feet. With a second vehicle and winch, it would be fun. Alone, trouble.

We don't hate Non-XJ owners or anything like that, just expect to get picked on more now.

Looking over a few more NAXJA posts, I can see this is a rough crowd. I'll be sure and wear my fire-retardant suit.

Funny, I just came here because someone mentioned having a map about the Welk roads.

Looking over a few more NAXJA posts, I can see this is a rough crowd. I'll be sure and wear my fire-retardant suit.

Welcome, Tomh87. This really is a great club, with a pretty good forum. Yes, at first glance, it can have the appearance of being quite rough, and sometimes it does get that way. But, a lot of the roughness is just ribbing and inside jokes between folks that know each other from the club very well. On the other hand, if you have a fire suit, it never hurts to be prepared!

Whether you have an XJ or a JK, we hope you stick around. As others have mentioned, find the time to attend a Meet and Greet, of go on a run with us. I think you'll find a group of folks more than willing to help out.

David Bricker / SYR

Sell that beast and buy a 4 door I'll hook you up.
I build pop-up campers for JK's
You JK Mall Crawl'N types pay my Rent, I love you guys.

Yea, here at Naxja you gotta have thick skin, we are all great guys but we love to drink beer and talk shit. On the trail, you will never find a more loyal bunch. Even to the people we don't like.

This was probably the worse spot on the whole road, and it was right at your coordinates, so i assume this is it?

9279336481_30e61ff2da_o.jpg

i heard something happened out there :D......wonder if they made it home.......the danstacle got someone!

This was probably the worse spot on the whole road, and it was right at your coordinates, so i assume this is it?

No, this is it. My buddy sent me his pic. It's not just a big rut in the middle of the trail but a narrowing of the roadbed to 3-4 feet. It's a short stretch.

Dropoff is 6 feet on left side and 3-4 on the right. Width of 2 feet for old roadbed, maybe four feet including chopped part. To not get high-centered (I'm lifted only 2") I would have to put my left tire on the edge of the chopped up dirt and run my right tire deep into the brush. Pic doesn't look as bad but I estimated 45 deg off-camber for a 10-foot stretch.

9279382935_d1b2c2a141_z.jpg

No, this is it. My buddy sent me his pic. It's not just a big rut in the middle of the trail but a narrowing of the roadbed to 3-4 feet. It's a short stretch.

Dropoff is 6 feet on left side and 3-4 on the right. Width of 2 feet for old roadbed, maybe four feet including chopped part. To not get high-centered (I'm lifted only 2") I would have to put my left tire on the edge of the chopped up dirt and run my right tire deep into the brush. Pic doesn't look as bad but I estimated 45 deg off-camber for a 10-foot stretch.

9279382935_d1b2c2a141_z.jpg

yea i saw that spot, shortly downhill from the spot in the pic i posted, right?

Yea, here at Naxja you gotta have thick skin, we are all great guys but we love to drink beer and talk shit. On the trail, you will never find a more loyal bunch.

Yeah, until recently I limited myself to the Wranglerforum where politeness rules.
Not a bad forum but too much talk about Unlimiteds and gals who worry about getting ink or baby forumula stains out of their leather seats. Got myself some pushback for telling them to get their rigs dirty instead of fussing over this and that cosmetic flaw.

it was uphill from the big (almost car sized) rock in the middle of the trail that you can go around on ether side?

Yeah, until recently I limited myself to the Wranglerforum where politeness rules.
Not a bad forum but too much talk about Unlimiteds and gals who worry about getting ink or baby forumula stains out of their leather seats. Got myself some pushback for telling them to get their rigs dirty instead of fussing over this and that cosmetic flaw.

the group the frequents WF is by far the biggest pile of wuss's on the internet. they will cry all day long over the dumbest crap.

oh and Bransford doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does, but he sure likes how they worship him there.

welcome to NAXJA, the tech is better, the people are better.

Love the announcer for that video, Yall should do a whole series.

On the next Episode of VanimalVideo ... Holy shit um nothing happened

lol gotta love Ben's commentary. There's 3 other vids from other ruts because we werent sure which one he was talking about. but they got pretty vulgar in Ben fashion lol

In all fairness to Tom, the video doesnt show where it drops off on the side. If you fell off it'd suck, but there's more than enough room to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back