• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Law Enforcement Lights...

Just as a question, why are you looking to buy law enforcement lights?

If anyone is interested? I have a set of strobes that were on my XJ when I bought it. Looks like the stock driving lights, and were mounted on the front bumper. Bright as all get out. Asked an Officer if they were legal to have and he said as long as I don't use them on the road. Well, there no good for use off road, so they are sitting in the shop. Power supply allows for 4 light hook up.

Our laws state; No more than four forward facing lights. doesn't designate on/offroad use. The lights that he's looking at are designed to be seen (intersection lights), not as a driving light.

Last edited:
We've bought Whelen lights for our vehicles here on Post. I like them and would recommend them.

Bought some of those small units that go inthe windshield. They are freaking bright.

Big Alpha thats what im looking into the lights to mount on windows. We have light bars on patrol unit but our investigations got chargers and challengers so they roll down the undercover cars to us. They have never had bars mounted to them. This being our first full time sro program we have to flip the bill if we want lights(economy sucks). Three years ago we would have had the best given and installed to us but not so much anymore.

Thanks for the help fellas...

Back