• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kospeed headers?

mk153smaw

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed and ran the EBay Kospeed ceramic headers? I am thinking of buying them and wondered if any had experience with them?

At that price install it and let us know!

So far I have not found anything horrible about the headers. I bought a set and will let you know how they look with pictures first week of May.

The only thing you might run into is you have to dent the header/ carve out the intake (99+) to get it to fit right.

Didn't know that! What do you mean by 'Carve Out'? talking flange stuff or from the runner?

I won't even get to see the intake and exhaust until 04MAY so I am not with the parts to fiddle around on them yet. But I had not heard of clearance issues for the '99 and up intakes.

Thanks for the heads up

Dave

I guess carve is not the right word to use. lol but you may have to file down the intake and maybe dent the header to get the intake runner to sit right with the header. Hopefully you don't have to though.

I got a crack in my stock manifold, I'm probably going to end up trying one of these as well

Do you mean stainless? I didn't know they offered ceramic. Either way, there is a stainless kospeed header on my girlfriends car (Honda accord). Nice thick flange and tubing appears to be good for the price. The only issues are the gaskets are usually junk and if you are looking from the engine side of the flange the ports aren't perfectly lined up with the primaries. With a little work you could easily smooth it out or just install it and call it good. Only other issue is on a Honda the welds can crack after a while if you have bad motor mounts or anything that would cause any header to crack. Happened to a friend of mine after 100,000+ miles so I welded over all the primaries and its still holding together.

Back