• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping A Low Center of Gravity.

here she is from photo bucket, on level ground

03-19-10_1534.jpg

here flexing a little

03-19-10_1600.jpg

does anyone use the stock LCA's with their 2" lift? when i get ready to start another jeep project i was thinking of just using my 2" coils i have sitting in my shed and either adding a leaf from a dakota leaf pack and or adding some longer shackles for the rear, i'll do a IRO track bar and trim the fenders for 33's... just not sure on what lca's i should go with, im wanting to build it to handle the rubicon before it closes so it will need lots of armor =)

I am new to the forum and I just aquired a 92 xj...plan to lift with a OME 4" "hybrid" kit from DPG...want to run 31 BFG A/Ts...their Super Deluxe kit ($1700) does not come with SYE or trasfer case drop...is it required? Anyone familiar with this lift kit?

I am new to the forum and I just aquired a 92 xj...plan to lift with a OME 4" "hybrid" kit from DPG...want to run 31 BFG A/Ts...their Super Deluxe kit ($1700) does not come with SYE or trasfer case drop...is it required? Anyone familiar with this lift kit?

You should be fine with a 92, the 96+ models are more prone to vibes than the older models due to the redesined tail cone on the t-case. I have a t-case drop on my 97 and its only at 2". It was installed on the Jeep before I got it and I have a SYE in the box ready to go in my spare t-case. I am running my own OME hybrid kit here soon and from what I here the DPG kit is a great setup. Better grab a t-case drop or SYE(recommended if you want to go bigger) just in case though.

I'd say yes. My 99 needed a SYE with 3.5 in lift.
Opinions differ on transfer case drops.
FWIW, I'd go with 32" tires.

Like I said above us 97+ guys have real problems with driveline vibes compared to the older models.

So is it 96+ or 97+?

96+ sorry, They changed the tail cone in 96 but I have a 97+ so I'm just used to typing that . Oops. :D

I run stock lowers at 3.5"... not ideal at all but it's a beater rig and I carry trail spares.

You want aftermarket uppers though imo, they are far weaker. I completely pretzeled mine yesterday getting on the throttle a little heavy. Fortunately, had spares for that as well. Getting aftermarket uppers and lowers in it soon, just need to find time to install them.

Had the Jeep out 2 weekends ago. Here it is pretty much flexed all the way out. BB with 31's and trimmed fenders.

P1020644.jpg

P1020643.jpg

Last edited:
this thread has turned from the "low cog thread" to the "i put a tire one inch taller tire on my lift than the manufacturer said was the tallest i could run" thread

this thread has turned from the "low cog thread" to the "i put a tire one inch taller tire on my lift than the manufacturer said was the tallest i could run" thread

It did? Pretty sure 31's are more than an inch taller than 225/70/15's. :laugh3:

So........31's on a BB isn't low COG is that what you guys are saying? :dunno:

You realize that the center of gravity is very low right? :laugh3: I'm just being a jackass so don't think much into this post. Its as useless as the one you posted! :D

Yes they are 33x10.5 km2

Nice, Thats what i'm gonna go with once these Kumho's wear out. That along with the Hybrid OME lift and new axles should make it a "proper" Low COG rig...........

:D

Back