• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KATEMCY ROCKS IS CLOSING!

ExTankerGuy

USAF Retired
NAXJA Member
KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSING!

All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009. The trust department that has handled Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.

All the scheduled events we have listed before July will be held as planned. Events scheduled after July will be moved up if time and logistics work out. We will be posting them up on our website as things come together.

We are actively working on other possible land opportunities, but these are distant chances.

Consequently, if you want to wheel at Katemcy before its closed, you need to do so on or before June 13-14, 2009.

We currently have five more events scheduled before we must close:
1. March 19-22 Lone Star Landcruiser's Round up (closed event)
2. April 24-26 Lone Star Early Bronco's Roundup (closed event)
3. May 2-3 Baertrax's & Trail Duty's Customer Appreciation runs (open event)
4. May 23-25 Memorial Day Weekend Blowout (our last one - open event)
5. June 13-14 Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” (open event – the last at Katemcy)

If there is enough interest, we may cancel our Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip and schedule one more open event on April 4-5. As it stands, Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” will be our last event at Katemcy Rocks.

It has been an honor and privilege to wheel with you on this property for the past eight (8) years. We have met so many friends through the years and hope to see all of you back here at the Rocks before we close.

Happy Trails,
Randy, Shain, Pam, Casey, Jessica, Juanita, Jerry and Elaine

yea I just read that on another site. man that was one of the places I really wanted to go....

the Ketemcy site itself has not been updated as of yet.

so is there any other place in Texas to wheel that is not mud? cause I have had my fill of that... knocked off another 50 pounds of mud yesterday, so I am done with mud, it just isn't fun anymore....

oh man that ruined my day.

dang that really sucks.......:tear:

yea I just read that on another site. man that was one of the places I really wanted to go....

so is there any other place in Texas to wheel that is not mud? cause I have had my fill of that... knocked off another 50 pounds of mud yesterday, so I am done with mud, it just isn't fun anymore....

barnwell....well kinda

Thats poo. I've always wanted to go there.

check out a place called "boulder creek", in marble falls. its a new park that is in the works but has some fun runs. its no katemcy rocks or barnwell but i've spent many a weekend wheeling there. its mostly rock and some cool river runs. www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com

Scott and I were talking about an informal rrc trip there next month...might wanna make it to k-rocks while we still can

check out a place called "boulder creek", in marble falls. its a new park that is in the works but has some fun runs. its no katemcy rocks or barnwell but i've spent many a weekend wheeling there. its mostly rock and some cool river runs. www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com

I just checked that place out, and though it is no Ketemcy, me and the GF are already planning a trip there this summer with the family. The paintball and dirtbike make it a plus, and it looks like plenty of places to explore. Thanks for that heads up!!

whenever yall plan on going to katemcy before it closes count me in for sure.

my good friend and i are going to check the marble falls place out in a couple of weeks so ill be sure to take pics and let yall know how good it is.

ooooohhh VP wants to wheel was Texas....shall we show him 'round?

I'm promising right now, that I will do everything humanly possible to make it out to k-rocks one more time before the close.

Back