• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&N SUCKS!

Hammered said:
Do the sock type pre filters help? (the ones that fit over the cone filter)

They do help to keep the big chunks, mud, water, etc off the filter which makes cleaning them much easier. Not available for the drop ins but usually not needed as the big chunks don't make their way to the filter. As for helping the K&N, sure but the fine stuff that can get through is the problem.

I use the Amsoil EaAu 3560 cone style in my mj. Wholesale price is $37.50.
The EaA drop in is $29.00 wholesale. Plus shipping. Both have a 4yr. 100,000 mile warrenty. Oil less, & clean with a vaccume, or light air pressure.

Triple4x4 said:
I use the Amsoil EaAu 3560 cone style in my mj. Wholesale price is $37.50.
The EaA drop in is $29.00 wholesale. Plus shipping. Both have a 4yr. 100,000 mile warrenty. Oil less, & clean with a vaccume, or light air pressure.

To get wholesale prices you have to be a dealer ($30 a yr) or preferred customer ($10 for 6 months or $20 for a yr)....unless you contact me 1st. ;)

No matter how you buy Amsoil products someone always makes a commision. When I talk about Amsoil I always (STATE) that I am a dealer. I am proud of my dealership & believe in honest business practices and want everyone to get wholesale prices. Thats why I entered them it my last reply to everyone. If I can [email protected]

Triple4x4 said:
No matter how you buy Amsoil products someone always makes a commision. When I talk about Amsoil I always (STATE) that I am a dealer. I am proud of my dealership & believe in honest business practices and want everyone to get wholesale prices. Thats why I entered them it my last reply to everyone. If I can [email protected]

Ditto. My comment was just to let everyone know how most dealers work and how you get wholesale pricing through them. (not that there is anything wrong w/ that)
I offer wholesale to everyone and do not require anyone to become a dealer or preferred customer. I have hundreds of satisfied customers and am also very proud of my dealership. My site is listed in my sig line. Feel free to contact me for more info. [email protected]

Amsoil doesnt make one with the same dimensions/specs as the K&N one that comes with the XJ FIPK....

Closest one I think is the EaAU 4070.....

Ditto, Ditto. They are the best. I too don't require anyone to join. Everyone has my E-mail If I can help let me know. Took off the EaAu filter on my 2000 stroker, for a cleaning, intake tube was clean as new. Man they have great products!
If the 4070 will work, get it, throw that k&n away.

Triple4x4 said:
If the 4070 will work, get it, throw that k&n away.
Don't throw it away! Send it to me for, uh, "independent testing" :laugh:

Can you PM me a price for a replacement for my K&N FIPK cone?

the 4070 has an opening thats an inch bigger than the opening on the K&N FIPK tube...

JNickel101 said:
the 4070 has an opening thats an inch bigger than the opening on the K&N FIPK tube...

Yep, needs to be a 3 inch diameter opening. Just glancing at the Amsoil site, it looks as though the EaAU3051 would more than likely work.

Last edited:
ah, awesome, thanks! you inadvertantly led me to a page i never saw before, when i searched for that part number :)

i feel like an idiot....i cant believe i didnt notice that either...their part number corrolates to the dimentions....:doh:

Back