• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN: NH RESIDENTS Support HB 349

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
There is a bill being voted on Tuesday in NH that will allow 4wd access to trails at Jericho Mtn State Park. Club members from all around New England have been sending in letters and emails in support. A template for a support letter is at the bottom of this post.

Jericho Mountain State Park Update
Political Call to Action for NH Residents!

Thanks to the continued efforts of Marc Pouliot from North Woods Off Road and the NEA4WDC, House Bill 349 has been submitted to gain 4x4 access to Jericho Mountain State Park.

NH House Bill 349 is currently in committee.....I ask ALL NH residents to call, mail, or email their state representative. Tell your state representative that you support 4x4 motorized access at Jericho Mountain State Park and request that they support HB 349.

The link and text of HB 349 is below

Who's My Legislator?

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/wml.aspx

House Bill 349
http://legiscan.com/NH/text/HB349/id/690965

UPDATE 02/19/2013:

The committe is voting on HB 349 on March 5th. Please email the committee members in support of the bill. If you are not a NH resident, please emphasize that you would be coming into the area of Jericho Mountain State Park supporting the local economy

Committee Members:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/c ... x?code=H22

HB 349 – AS INTRODUCED

2013 SESSION

13-0424

10/03

HOUSE BILL 349

AN ACT relative to OHRV operation of certain 4-wheel drive vehicles on trails within Jericho Mountain state park.

SPONSORS: Rep. Coulombe, Coos 3; Rep. H. Richardson, Coos 4; Rep. Theberge, Coos 3; Sen.�Woodburn, Dist 1

COMMITTEE: Resources, Recreation and Development

ANALYSIS

This bill allows the bureau of trails, department of resources and economic development, to permit 4-wheel drive motor vehicles registered as OHRVs to operate at Jericho Mountain state park at specific times and on specific trails.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or <b repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

13-0424

10/03

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Thirteen

AN ACT relative to OHRV operation of certain 4-wheel drive vehicles on trails within Jericho Mountain state park.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 Trails on State Lands; Jericho Mountain State Park. Amend RSA 215-A:43, VII© to read as follows:

© A person may operate an OHRV within Jericho Mountain state park which weighs up to 1,600 pounds and is no wider than 65 inches on specifically designated trails within Jericho Mountain state park, provided that, in addition, the bureau of trails may permit operation of wider or heavier 4-wheel drive motor vehicles registered as OHRVs at specific times and on specific trails.

Sent this letter to the committee and the chairwoman. Please feel free to copy the text and send it out to your legislator. I work with several of our local legislators here in Vermont and THEY READ EVERY ONE OF THESE LETTERS. Please take a moment to send, even if you just copy and paste it....I have left blanks where you can put in your information. NH clubs please get this to your members....this is easy, really!!

Dear (your legislator here),

My name is (your name here), a member of (your club here) that belongs to the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs (NEA) and I am writing to register support for HB349 : AN ACT relative to OHRV operation of certain 4-wheel drive vehicles on trails within Jericho Mountain state park.

The NEA is a regional umbrella organization consisting of 27 member clubs representing over 1,200 full size four wheel drive enthusiasts throughout the Northeast. We were founded under the direction of Retired Major Tim Acerno of the NH Fish and Game in 1999 and incorporated within the state of New Hampshire in 2001. We have representation on the NH STAC and involvement in many towns in NH.

The families we serve enjoy the natural beauty that New Hampshire offers and passage of the bill would only help increase tourism related revenue from within our member clubs. Please support HB349.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely,

(your name and contact info here)

Easy huh?

UPDATE 03/07/2013:

HB 349 passed the committee with a vote of 17-2. Currently the full house is expected to vote on the bill Wednesday 03/13.

Please take a moment to contact your state rep requesting they support this bill

If this passes, it will create a state run offroad park. which will be the first of its kind in the US. Hopefully it paves the way for other states including those in the northeast

My sister does land issues for NH and she says this should pass easy

Back